57' Colson Admiral

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bought this bike of fellow member "backpedaler" back in Nov.last year.The pedals were toast,the front hub was cracked,no seat,tank or headbadge(still missing the headbadge and tank! :wink: maybe someone can help me out with that)and backpedaler was kind enough to include a rear rack that had been blasted and primed.I got the bike in and just slowly started working on it a little bit at a time in the afternoons at the shop.Cleaned everything twice over,it was pretty filthy and repacked all the bearings.Laced new hoops with brass nip's into a new front hub and the original re-built new departure hub.I had some nice slightly off-white w/w's and a middle weight became a ballooner :D . I had a friend of mine with a custom paint shop paint the rear rack and fender struts to match the original paint.Re-worked a seat pan and recovered it to match the grips,pedals and whitewalls.Slapped on a buzzer horn and called it a rider for now... Still looking for a few things to complete the bike,I will update as things happen.Thanks for checking it out.Now on to the next project.
-kreep-
Photos from "backpedaler" when he had it listed:
DSC02448.jpg

DSC02449-1.jpg

DSC02452.jpg

As she sits now.
001-6.jpg

002-5.jpg

004-5.jpg

003-5.jpg

Such great lines on that bike. The chainguard and frame flow so well. Great original paint too.

Latest posts

Back