6 for the price of none.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a good week for me and free bikes! Since last Sunday I got, at no cost, 6 bikes from local folks who no longer had a need for them. I got 4 from one older gentleman who was having a garage sale. No bikes were in sight, but I asked if he had any. He replied that his kids had long since moved out, but some of their bikes remained in the backyard. From him I got 4 bikes; all early '80's bikes: 1 BMX, 1 girl's Huffy and a girl's Sears 10spd. I donated all those to Community Bikes http://www.facebook.com/pages/Community-Bikes-Santa-Rosa/204878343598?v=wall and kept the Fuji 10 spd you see below (dark blue).
On my way over there in a driveway on the same street I saw a powder blue Schwinn in a trailer full of junk. Sensing peril, I decided to intervene. I knocked on the door and the gentleman told me his son-in-law was coming this weekend to haul it off to the dump and said I could have it if a wanted it. Score:5.
Lastly Craigslist "free stuff" section payed off as well. My mother has been wanting a table made from recycled/reused wood. Nearby a man was taking down his fence and the slats were available. When I picked them up I again asked if he happened to have any bikes he no longer used. He said there was a mountain bike he had in the garage that he planned to fix or take over to Community Bikes. I told him I'd save him the trip, and I brought them that one as well. Keep an eye out for freebies in your area.
-e
The Schwinn & Fuji
4590622289_fc9a00a8f7_b.jpg

4591243236_2e3ee41e1f_b.jpg

Latest posts

Back