63 Schwinn Geargoyles CC cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turtlesixfour said:
3 wheeled wolfy said:
It's going to be painting weather this weekend in ny.
NY? I use to live in Plattsburgh when I was little. Use to think 80 degrees was hot! Lol
I melt at that :wink: No i say so because it dipped then came back up.

Thinking about keeping some of the small parts unpainted and knocking of most of the rust just as a reminder of how old the bike is. No offense to my elders since the bike is only 11 years older than myself. Did all of the old Schwinns have this kind of seat clamp bolt with the "AS" on the bolt head and the odd nut?
2012-09-19_11-02-09_778_zps6fc3a35c.jpg

Mock up. Not near done yet but you get the gist. Still have to add the frame plate, pedals and the all important chain. Now it's old chain vs new. May have to work an old one to stay true to the old school used theme.
2012-09-24_13-12-53_617_zps92c2b087.jpg
2012-09-24_13-09-50_32_zps6dcd49ee.jpg

Turtlesixfour said:
Turtlesixfour said:
tnt1 said:
That sprocket is a five speed one!
Will the Schwinn Mag work with a one speed chain?
Never mind. It will work. 52t chainring and 19t sprocket. Hmmm.
Or maybe not! Chain I have is about 10" too short. May have to buy two new chains so I can combine them.

2012-09-26_12-42-18_783.jpg
Thanks to Terry66 for the fork and my good friend Todd for the free dumpster find wheels and tires! Just the right amount of crusty! Also thanks to Dollar Tree for my custom dice caps! Luckily $1 gets you 6 to practice with. Now I know what "loaded" dice really are.

Combined two chains and took it out for a short ride today. Gotta say that it rode well but the old seat is not for long rides. Looks good though! Working on the frame plate now. Added some old pedals off of a girls Free Spirit to keep it old school.

Progress being made. Made me a neat little hub shiner from a $2 leather belt from Goodwill and a reflector from the flea market. Got 4 reflectors for $2. Enough material for 4 hub shiners. That's $0.75 a shiner! I should have named this the "Broke Bike"!
2013-01-02_10-46-22_167_zpsb85706b1.jpg

Latest posts

Back