'65 Cosmic Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JoeyMac contacted me and offered me a headlight bezel for the Cosmic Flyer.
This one was from a Murray, but it is PERFECT!
A nice price too.
I love the interwebs.

100_1309.jpg

100_1308.jpg

100_1306.jpg

Man, it is WAY faster now! :D

Thanks very much, Joey!

Speaking for myself and everyone else who owns a spaceliner (or similar model), an unbroken headlight lens for one of those tanks is rarer than hen's teeth

I have one from my Strato Flite that looks identical to the one in this thread. The light isn't operable but the lens, I think, is still whole. I guess I'm going to have to check out rewiring it now!

If anyone happens to need one, hit me up. There's a chance I might keep this one now, but I'm thinking it probably won't fit back on the bike once I get the bike done anyway.

I think at that future bike days only 2 companys made those frames.They were sold to the major vendors,Murray,Sears,JC Higgins and just a couple smaller co.You can definetly tell the dif,between the Sears and Murray.The Murray has way more space between the rear quad tubes coming down to the rear dropout.So that Murray built tank you have goes perfect with your bike perfect!These bikes are so ....... and I plan on building one in the future.I dont own one yet but Im buying some bars for it in a couple days.haha!But take your frame and everything apart and soak it in wood bleach.You can get it at Walmart or Home Depot.It will cut all the rust off your parts and then you can get an idea of how bad the damage is.

I'd like to know what size tires are on there. They look like they just barely fit under the fenders and that looks awesome. I'd like a similar size to replace the original tires on my Spaceliner.

Those are 26x1.95 Hemisphere EX that I had laying around.
Fairly high quality, modernee, uni-directional tires.
Yes, it won't take much more tire.
They're fine, but I do get a slight vrrrr-vrrrr-vrrrr if I really torque on it. 8)

Cool input guys.
Thanks.

I tried, but I don't think the chrome's coming back.
The rust is pretty deep....but consistent! :D

BLASTER said:
Those are 26x1.95 Hemisphere EX that I had laying around.
Fairly high quality, modernee, uni-directional tires.
Yes, it won't take much more tire.
They're fine, but I do get a slight vrrrr-vrrrr-vrrrr if I really torque on it. 8)

Cool input guys.
Thanks.

I tried, but I don't think the chrome's coming back.
The rust is pretty deep....but consistent! :D

Thanks for the tire size. I'll have to do some searching and see what is available. :)

Wasp make their homes in the darndest places. I found them under my work bench in the yard once. I went away for abit and came back and never used the bench for a month or so. well I hit it with a hammer one day... I found them lol but I burnt them naughty things. best ones are BBQ all ya have to do is turn it on

:lol: I'll get a pic whenever I get around to splitting the tank.

This thing rides really good.
It's geared a little sluggish, but it's really solid feeling.
Taking it to a show tomorrow!

i got a chance to buy one of these bikes write now its not real rusty the person painted it gold its complete except the light bezle i just dont know what to pay or what its worth ? its a western flyer comic flyer it says comic flyer on the tank ..i took a few pics ill try n put them up on this site tonite ..

This looks like a zombie thread but I'll post anyway.
A buddy gave me a Cosmic Flyer to use in restoring his Spaceliner after which I get to keep the Cosmic Flyer.
Here are some pics in case anyone needs photographic details.

DSC06811.jpg

DSC06813.jpg

DSC06815.jpg

DSC06814.jpg

DSC06816.jpg

DSC06820.jpg

DSC06821.jpg

DSC06823.jpg

So far I haven't gotten around to this little project, but I'm going to try to save as much of the Spaceliner as possible to keep from robbing parts off of this one! And yes I know the pedals are wrong, they're what came with it.

Here a pic of my buddy's Spaceliner on the day I picked it up. It's really pretty clean and it appears that someone did an amatuer resto on it in the past. The plan is to fix all the wrongs (painted rims and handlebars, etc...) and make it a nice rider.

DSC07025.jpg

Latest posts

Back