66/80cc China Gril powered beach cruiser

Discussion in 'GAS POWERED BIKES' started by Meawosh, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Meawosh

Meawosh

Hi.
    3 years ago, I bought cheap china Huffy like beach cruiser. It is 26", steel frame wiht classic lines, 3 speed Nexus hub wiht coaster brake. As bike it is crumped, not to comfy and cheap made. For start, I cut of Vbrake at front fork, got new handle bars - wide moon style, moved shifter under the seat and few other things. After 3 years i decided to convert it to petrol powered 2 stroke, know as China Girl. It is 66/80cc, I got it from polish version of ebay and started to tinker with it. After 4 months, I replaced lots of stuff, made nearly 500 km on it and I absolutely love every swcond riding it. Build is on the go as I plan to finish it for next season. For now i got modern Monark style fork, vintage style led headlamp, lovely little back light, back mirror for overal safety reasons, analog speedo and odometer and few more. Engine got new Dellorto 14 SHA style carb with cone filter and NGK spark plug. Need to aort clutxh cos it is the weakest link right now. What are the plans?
    Paint it red matt, white 26x2.0 tires with kevlar inserts, 34mm alu double wall rims with strenghtend holes for spokes and stainles spokes. Ruff Wrangler seat, platform pedals. Organized cables, engine in black enamel high temp paint. I post some pics in next post later on.

2. Meawosh

Meawosh

How it looked like, and how it is now. Parts are looking tired, frame is scratched, it starts to look like early rat form, but it will be shiny. For now Im slapping parts to see if they look good (4 me) or work or both. In the winter I start to make it look nice and hopefuly i finish by mid spring 2020

Attached Files:

RustyGold likes this.
  3. toro1978

toro1978

Not bad. My only criticism would be the tank, I really dislike this type, especially on frames with "tank space".
    But otherwise pretty cool. I love the fender with the rear light. The front end looks great, the tacho and the headlamp go very well together.

4. Meawosh

Meawosh

Thx toro1978. I dont mind the tank. I ve got no skills or tools to made my own and mount between top tube and cantilevers. And I like to leave this space unfilled. Maybe in distatnt future I start to think about something more custom, but for now it stays as it is.

5. Meawosh

Meawosh

Today started at mounting front fender. I dont even have vice, so it is all crafting. Drilled a hole in fender and screw the mount to it. Then started to bend it. You can see I ve got decison to made to hide it in the fork or make it visible more. And some photo art stuff

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    toro1978 and RustyGold like this.
  6. toro1978

toro1978

I got an used vise for cheap at a flea market a while ago and it was a great purchase. It made everything so much easier, it has a table clamp, not bolted so it has its limitations, but I love it. No power tools though, gotta be prepared to sweat a little, but all for a good cause in the end. :)

RustyGold likes this.
  7. deorman

deorman

Welcome aboard. :thumbsup: