76 REDLINE SQUAREBACK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Sunday night I was just about to hit the sack and I decided to check my phone one last time. I ended up opening OfferUp (which I never do) and low and behold I see an ad for a 76 Redline Squareback frame and fork. :eek: I contacted the seller and we got into a conversation about the bike. I found out that he also had a set of Webco magnesium mag wheels that were available so we worked out a deal and I met up with him on Tuesday morning and picked it all up. Needless to say, I had a little trouble sleeping that night. :43:

This is one crusty bird and the wheels have quite a bit of corrosion, but the rarity of it all just beats out the grunge. The other issue is that someone down the line thought it was a good idea to take sandpaper to the top and down tube to remove oxidation. :arghh:

I'm going to dig around for an old quilted Messigner seat and a steal post, but I'm not sure that I'll do much more to it. The problem is, with a bike this rare and this grungy, you either leave it alone or you go full restoration on it. I have no idea how to clean up these mags without messing them up. I also don't want to spend money on having everything refinished right now.

So here it is...

redline_1600_001.jpg

redline_1600_003.jpg

redline_1600_005.jpg

redline_1600_004.jpg

redline_1600_006.jpg

What great find!! Id want to leave it as found but it would be hard to not dunk the frame in a OA bath!

Latest posts

Back