80cc Performance?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the middle of building a motor bike. I would like to build it up and get the best performance out of it. Has anyone built up one of these motors that can advise me on it? do they have a transmission for it? How about a kick start?
I have the ZB 80cc special edition black. I'm going to port and polish it today. I found some different carburetors(dont know if they will work), Nitrous Kit, performance exhaust, etc...
http://www.pocketbikesunlimited.com/index.html
But when I call the dude there, when I said 80cc, he told me he couldnt help. So, anyone out there that can help?

Ive done alot of tinkering with my first bike so i could outrun all my buddies and to see how fast i could get a single speed bike to go. So far 38mph is the best ive ran. We built a 3 speed ratfink chopper that was fast so my goal was to beat him. To accomplish this i ported/polished intake/exhaust, gasket matched both. Cut off inside of exhaust tube flush with the cap that comes off on bottom. Put a 41 tooth sprocket vs 44 that comes with the kits. Put on a speed carburetor from pirate cycles, Ive tried the cns race carb but personally like the speed carb better and it ran faster.Ngk spark plug,after market coil wire/air cleaner . Ive got nitrous and boost bottles but havent used them yet. Saving them for my mooneyes 7 spd bike build. We put nitrous and double boost bottles on my buddies chopper to try to beat mine and it does work but only for about 7 or so secs so i still beat him. The cost vs the output is not worth it other than bragging rights. His was hard to start with the boost bottles so we put on a couple fuel shutoff valves so he could shut them off till bike was started,then open them up later for nitrous/boost bottles. Only reason im going to use the nitrous/boost bottles is i already paid 150 for them and dont want to waste more money on unused parts. If you want to shift the bike be prepared to shell out alot of money. http://www.sickbikeparts.com to the shifter kits. Then you have to have a rear rim that has gears, kinda torn on if they are worth all the extra work and money. After riding my buddies 3 spd shifter bike they are alot of fun but take more thinking when riding/stopping/starting off. I kept forgetting to downshift when slowing for corners and killed it a couple times. For simplicity and fast fun stay with single spd and build a shift bike for the second pic before nitrous added .
user5892_pic1858_1223968208.jpg
vs
IMG_0146.jpg
019.jpg

KJV said:
ported,polished,re jetted,running farm fuel.

54.3 mph;clocked by lazier. :mrgreen:

Thats all you did, port, polish, and rejet? What sprocket are you running?
Im 6', 245lbs. I think it might take lil more than that for me.

44 tooth. it realy turned on when i started running the ethanol fuel.only was able to reach 38.6 mph ,
with regular unleaded. i weigh in @ 307 lbs.
was running on a flat fresh paved road ..
75 degree low humidity day.i have been riding
like i have some cents after the one time. :idea:
felt like 200 mph. :mrgreen:

i have 439.2 miles on this motor .

KJV said:

I call HUGE BS on this. I have friends with HEAVILY modified mopeds and 60 is VERY, VERY, VERY tough to achieve on one of those...not to mention scary.

If you did 54.3mph on that Wal-Mart bike without blowing bearings and getting serious wobbles, you must have had a miracle.

Beau said:
KJV said:

I call HUGE BS on this. I have friends with HEAVILY modified mopeds and 60 is VERY, VERY, VERY tough to achieve on one of those...not to mention scary.

If you did 54.3mph on that Wal-Mart bike without blowing bearings and getting serious wobbles, you must have had a miracle.

whatever,man. and its not a wally bike ..
its a U.S.A. huffy.you can believe what ya want tho.
i don't need to prove anything to a"ya hoo",
thats thinks he knows all.the officer was so shocked {me too actually} that i was going so fast,he only told me," you take it slow from now on."i have & no more hassle from LEO. . it is true. 54.3 mph.! :mrgreen:

You are right, maybe not from Wal-Mart, but it's a department store bike. I have been fixing them for 16 years. I know what sort of quality these "Made is USA Huffy's " (NOT made in the USA either, they just put the flag on the front) are.

By my calculations, 67 MPH is what your gearing will give you. But that's on paper.

I will believe what I want, and I don't think it happened.

Are you using some sort of speedo on your bike to give you milage? Are you sure you have the wheel circumference in the computer right?

And since when do officers give you a decimal point RADAR reading?

Assuming your wheel diameter is 26" with tire, and the engine's max rpm is 3800 rpm's, with a 44t in back and a 10 tooth in front (4.4-1 ratio), the bike will do 67mph (on paper). That's no wind resistance, no friction and no weight on the bike.

yes it has a speedo. i had a reading of 52.8 the same time of lazier.so,one was wrong.
[i'd bet the digital speedo] and fyi
the lazier reads in decimals. :roll:
i know this officer. we both scratched our heads.
as for years of experience.. 39 on this end. :!:
the bearings aren't stock. use high temp waterproof grease aswell.this cycle was getting ridden 23 miles a day..five days a week.wheelset teardown/inspection every 100 miles.a well tuned/maintained machine.
the past year has only been ridden a total of 50 miles.
anywho, i didn't post in this thread for any reason except;informative purpose. our conversation is threw.
sorry for the interruption to your thread,
NBP MotorSporrts
. :arrow:

Hey, if you two want to argue, take it someplace else. We try to keep the environment friendly around here. Hugs for everyone! :D

It's about the performance of a 66/80cc engine...or the exageration of said engine performance. :p

I'm not arguing, I'm stating the facts. Somebodies bicycle computer has the wrong wheel size setting! :mrgreen:

HAHAHAHAHAHA LMFAO.... I LOVE THIS, IT MADE MY DAY!!!!!

OK, what is the name of the computer program that helps you figure the gear ratio and top speed?
I have seen some videos of 50cc bicycles hitting 80mph+, so I know its possible. I have set a goal to hit 100mph(dought I will ever hit or come close).
If KJV said he hit 53mph, I have no reason to dought him.
Now with that all said;
Look at what I found;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0607128685&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT
This would be cool to have on the bike!!!!!

I have one of those turbos. I see all sorts of videos say air/smog pumps work as superchargers too, but they don't. I'm all for doing funky stuff, look at my build, but you have to be realistic in your goals.

A 50cc Chinese engine is a lot different than a Honda z50 engine or something similar (something built with quality and longevity). They usually have a gearbox too.

I have a friend with an Aprilia RS50 (50cc, 6-speed gearbox, liquid cooled) that is BUILT UP and it will do 90 mph tops...on a good day. But it's a small scale motorcycle and he weighs about 160 lbs. It takes a lot of power to get 300+ pounds down the road and through the air.

100mph on a bicycle (especially one from a department store) is gonna be real, real tough (and unsafe). More power to you though! I'd like to see it!

Latest posts

Back