80cc Performance?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NBP MotorSporrts said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA LMFAO.... I LOVE THIS, IT MADE MY DAY!!!!!

OK, what is the name of the computer program that helps you figure the gear ratio and top speed?
I have seen some videos of 50cc bicycles hitting 80mph+, so I know its possible. I have set a goal to hit 100mph(dought I will ever hit or come close).
If KJV said he hit 53mph, I have no reason to dought him.
Now with that all said;
Look at what I found;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0607128685&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT
This would be cool to have on the bike!!!!!
yeah, that would help dry your britches. :lol: :p

Beau said:

interesting stuff.btw/cool bike art,man. :mrgreen:

This is just my two cents but if you want a motor that you can get a lot of options for and you want two stroke then I would find a beat up Puch moped or something like that you can re-build the motor on. There are a ton of performance parts for old mopeds and the engines are built a thousand times better than those chinese kits. Granted you will end up spending a lot more money for high end carbs pipes and what not, but they always say and it stands true that you get what you pay for...

Yup, ped engines have a decent aftermarket following.

Here is my buddies Garelli. It's a 60mph ped with tons of work done. He's in the Buffalo Boys Club.

123.jpg

That boy was gettin it!! Looked like the dude in the truck was doing about 40+mph and that bike started to walk away, maybe 45-50mph. now add 100lbs and that might be me.

Nope, Its a Puch head on a chinese bottom.
The first link i posted i to a 20 page thread about the builld of the engine in the video.. you should check it out..

And i'm not sure but i think that Foureasy, the builder actully grenaded that engine but as i said i coud be wrong..

This is a pretty fast 50cc.. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYINrhTNiyM

And no its not a chinese engine in this video, i think its a Aprilia, dont want to make anyone confused..

Hey guys, I 'm not experienced on these matters but here's something I think will spice up the conversation:

"By 1911, the Excelsior company had sorted out its own racers, with their 'pocket valve' v-twin engine. Jake de Rosier, the star rider of the day, had recently fallen out with his mentors at Indian (…), and became unbeatable with the new Excelsior, setting a new record for the mile at 94mph in September, at Riverview Motordrome in Chicago"

"On Dec. 30th, 1912, Lee Humiston became the first rider to circle a mile track at 100mph, on a an Excelsior twin"

Check the whole story and other records on http://thevintagent.blogspot.com/2008/1 ... -film.html

Keep rollin'

This is a pretty fast 50cc.. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYINrhTNiyM

And no its not a chinese engine in this video, i think its a Aprilia, dont want to make anyone confused..[/quote]

Ok, now we're talking.^^^^ :shock:
Im going to make this Chinese 2 stoke as fast as I can until it blows. Then I'm going to spend the girls collage fund on a bad ... 50cc 2 stoke and make it the fastest non fairing bicycle!!!
Hahahaha, jk! As long as it beats my blowhard buddies motored bike. I'll be happy! lol, if I want to hit 100+mph, I'll jump on my CBR RR.

50 MPH plus on a Grubee... Not a chance , no way, no how, never, can't happen-(parts from another type of engine modifying a Grubee do not count). Lets look at the facts, this kid is saying he got a China Girl Grubee past 50 MPH- Not possible.

CAVEAT! Attempt at your own risk only. Modifying a cheap bicycle with a Grubee engine at these speeds will likely result in serious personal injury and likely death to the rider and potentially people in the proximity. This is stupid, think about it. :mrgreen:

Im seeing post on here that you dont think these bikes can do close to 50 or more 50 is pushing it but my friends, about 13 of us have been building these things for a few years. All of the engines run different even with the same parts on them also break in period is a huge factor. my room mates bike has over 4000 miles on it and I have personal clocked him doing 45 on a straight away. I know his bike will do 50 on a good day with the right conditions ! how ? tuning a 36 tooth sprocket the right carb and intake combination and an expansion chamber. thats the combo but you have to have a well broke in motor to do it, and not weighing a lot helps too.. that's my 2 cents

Well crap! Im pushing 245 and the fork add 50lbs. :roll: Well I guess I'll have to settle for 30mph! :oops:

Latest posts

Back