80's 26" Jamis Earth Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, nice find. I like the pink decals. Are those alloy wheels?
Decals are origenal and its kinda kool but yet origenal.. Spray bombed wheels that the guy thew in on the deal.. nothing special about them.. I'm planning on doing a blue anno color combo on this cruiser..

That frame looks identical to the newer style Schwinn that I just picked up. Except for the lack of a kick stand. Do you know if they share genes?

Decals are origenal and its kinda kool but yet origenal.. Spray bombed wheels that the guy thew in on the deal.. nothing special about them.. I'm planning on doing a blue anno color combo on this cruiser..
I picked up a ladies blue earth cruiser and it came with Sumo 26 x 1.75" blue anno, or maybe candy painted with shiny side, rims. laced to a Suntour coaster and KK front hub. I don't know if any Jamis came with Araya's I think they were all equipped with Sumo's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up a ladies blue earth cruiser and it came with Sumo 26 x 1.75" blue anno, or maybe candy painted with shiny side, rims. laced to a Suntour coaster and KK front hub. I don't know if any Jamis came with Araya's I think they were all equipped with Sumo's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice.!! By any chance you have any pictures of it to check it out.?
The wheels that ar on my cruiser almost look to be Arayas but can't tell from all the paint applied on them.. I need to strip the paint off to see if they really are..

Here's the wheelset. I took out the suntour coaster and added a bendix automatic hub. The original front KK hub is dated '88
8abfc33861eb757d23a7e6ccd8144df4_zps7b14f229.jpg

7f044d1e132194f2d14229554604f46c_zpsba84e76c.jpg

19b6d8cc1905cc57224dba5f94011f0c_zpsec539893.jpg

The scratches on the rim make me think the rim was polished then candy painted instead of anodized blue..but I'm no expert
c2bb6d3b11f5285c08f370f1c0b3ef33_zps3c2cac73.jpg

Those are some nice wheels.. Yeah they've been spray bombed.. Anodize doesn't peel and those are peeling. From the picture it looks like they have a sharp edge where the paint came off. Still I'd run them just the way they are.
You still have the girls earth cruiser.? Is it the same color as mine.?

What I am looking for is the head badge and the stem sticker that goes in the middle of the stem cap. So anyone has one please let me know.
Thanks

they were originally painted in this candy blue and the sidewalls were sanded...I'm not sure why because it was running a coaster brake but maybe they had 3 and 5 models and they used this rim on all their bikes?
The ladies bike i have is a darker, navy blue with the standard gold decals..I haven't seen pink decals like yours, those are rad!

here's a pic of mine
jamisearthcruiser3.jpg

Yeah I think it was more of a production savings thing..
I like the look of the girls bike .. Wouldn't mind getting one for my wife.. Yeah I did a search on the Earth Cruisers and haven't seen one in my color.. That's odd but hey I guess I have something a bit more unique than the others.. I think the powder blue with the blue anno will set it off real good..

Nice looking ECs. Still missing mine I traded off to forum member RobertK... though he did wonders with it ... someday will have another :)

Nice looking ECs. Still missing mine I traded off to forum member RobertK... though he did wonders with it ... someday will have another :)
I was checking out his EC's and yes he did an awesome job on both them Cruisers.. Can't wait to ride mine when its all done fixed up..

they were originally painted in this candy blue and the sidewalls were sanded...I'm not sure why because it was running a coaster brake but maybe they had 3 and 5 models and they used this rim on all their bikes?
The ladies bike i have is a darker, navy blue with the standard gold decals..I haven't seen pink decals like yours, those are rad!

here's a pic of mine
jamisearthcruiser3.jpg
What seat post clamp is on your cruiser.? Generic steal or a Jamis clamp.?

Ok.. Now I'm on the search for aluminum Jamis seat post clamp.. Thats the part of this hobby, treasure hunting.!!

Latest posts

Back