81 SUPERGOOSE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
A local estate sale score this week...

DSC_0086.JPG

DSC_0079.JPG

DSC_0081.JPG

DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0083.JPG

DSC_0084.JPG

DSC_0090.JPG

DSC_0088.JPG

Yesterday on my local CL a survivor barn find supergoose came up for sale all og down to the gold hutch bear trap pedals , and was used by the owners kid , real BMX not flatland or street use , dirt track was rode hard lol , wanted $75obo sold in like 30min lol , needed complete restoration but was super cool money is tight so I couldn't buy it

Those pedals in nice condition bring $500-$700 all day long on their own.

Started work on the restoration of this bike over the weekend.

Disassembled everything and gave all of the chrome parts a citric acid bath...

supergoose003.jpg

After 24 hours of soaking the chrome came out really nice...

supergoose002.jpg

Scored a nice set of restored Tuff II mags off of a friend locally who had them listed on Craigslist. The Skyway's that were on the bike had a freewheel conversion kit installed so I plan to swap it over to this set of wheels...

supergoose001.jpg

Waiting on a chainring, some pedals and a rear brake to wrap this one up. Probably swap out the seat post clamp for a lighter blue version at some point too. Unfortunately BMX Products is out of the vinyl Mongoose pad sets in blue otherwise I would have an order in right now for a set.

Cool! I wish I knew more about them. I grew up with them, but honestly don't know much. I really got into bikes in my teens with the Mountain Bike era. And now as a restorer, I've thrown in with the Muscle Bikes, which were slightly before my time.

Cool! I wish I knew more about them. I grew up with them, but honestly don't know much. I really got into bikes in my teens with the Mountain Bike era. And now as a restorer, I've thrown in with the Muscle Bikes, which were slightly before my time.

Even though I never really had a nice bike shop quality BMX bike growing up, I kept up with the market back then and drooled over the bikes at the bike shop and in the magazines. I was born in 71 so pretty much my entire childhood bike genre was BMX. There were also kids in the neighborhood with tricked out bikes that I always admired. To this day when I see any anodized BMX parts I'm immediately transported back in time. :)

Even though I never really had a nice bike shop quality BMX bike growing up, I kept up with the market back then and drooled over the bikes at the bike shop and in the magazines. I was born in 71 so pretty much my entire childhood bike genre was BMX. There were also kids in the neighborhood with tricked out bikes that I always admired. To this day when I see any anodized BMX parts I'm immediately transported back in time. :)
I was born in '72, so I'm that era. But I never kept up. I think I had a Ross BMX. It was black, had cobra grips, and a number shield. I'm hoping to find a picture of it. But there was no way my Mom could get a Hutch or anything like that, so I didn't even bother paying attention. I started with an equally crappy mountain bike, but I landed a job as an apprentice mechanic and learned. Then I earned my way into a really nice bike, started racing, etc. Then I joined the Navy and it all came to a screeching halt lol.

Latest posts

Back