83 SCHWINN PREDATOR TEAM 24 - (DECALS APPLIED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Wheel set has mismatched hubs (Sunshine & Suntour) with late model Sun double wall rims.

Need to give it a thorough cleaning and will have to see about getting a decal set made by Louis at Ultrahive.com.

Glad to have a 24" cruiser back in the heard again. ;)

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

Screenshot2012-01-24at82516PM.png

Re: 83 SCHWINN PREDATOR TEAM 24

This one has a bit of a back story to it....

I was out doing a nationwide CL search the other day for "vintage BMX" just to see what would come up. More for entertainment purposes than anything else.

I came across and ad for this bike and the price was right and realized it was in Iowa. The ad was 2 or 3 weeks old, but I decided to check on it anyway.

Sure enough, the bike was still available. I figured out that it was located pretty close to Dan Koenig's shop Ichi Bike in Des Moines so I asked if the seller would be willing to drop the bike off there. As it turned out, the seller knew Dan and had been to his shop a few times.

We end up working out a deal and the seller is very cool and drops the bike off for me. Dan is also very cool and has it packed up and ready to ship the very next day. Two days later and the bike arrives at my place...packed like Fort Knox. :shock:

A HUGE THANKS TO DAN THE MAN! :lol:

If you get a decal set made up let me know as I need a set for my 24 inch predator crusier. Nice find. Can't wait to see what you do to it. Matt

Re: 83 SCHWINN PREDATOR TEAM 24 - (MAGIC TEXAS WATER APPLIED)

So wait a minute...let me get this straight. You bought a bike from another state and had it shipped. Then you unpacked it and put it all together just so you could take "before" photos and brag about your "Texas Magic Water"? You are just a big show-off Steve! :lol:

Ha Ha...well, it was clean to begin with...I was just giving yoothgeye a hard time. :lol:

It was a clean bike from the get go. Anybody with dish soap, water, a $600 Nikon camera, and an iMac can make bikes look good. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
Amazing what a little soap and water will do...

You mean that Magic Texas water :wink: Looks great Steve :mrgreen:

Man and I thought the before pics were clean. Nice work Steve.

Got my decals from Louis at UltraHive.com yesterday and installed them this morning.

There's no doubt that the bike will be faster now. ;)

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0008-2.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0009-2.jpg

DSC_0011-2.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0018-1.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

Man that chrome đź‘Ś I got a similar one and can't for the life of me get it to be the right chrome like the original so just gonna half to do it all black custom we will see but mine man got a stupid modification i came up with i don't want to show the world

Latest posts

Back