86 HARO MASTER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Connected with a guy who had his original 86 Haro Master he was wanting to sell. He was a couple of hours away so I headed down this past Saturday and met up with him. The bike had been stored in a shed for many years and unfortunately...it showed. The good news is that he had it loaded up with cool parts back then...like single pinch Redline 401 Flight cranks, a DK stem, some Redline STR Series bars and a Kuwahara seat post. The Peregrine wheels have seen better days and used to be bright green. It's kind of like a Haro Master Zombie. :android:

Still on the fence about what my plans are for the bike. Would be fun to bring it back to life and make it rideable again. Will have to see if I have the time and the funds to make it happen. I do plan to give all of the chrome parts a citric acid bath soon.

haro003a.jpg

haro004a.jpg

haro005a.jpg

I like it.
I also like the idea of a zombie bmx build...
Sounds cooler than a survivor build in my mind.

Carl.

Just curious how the clean up was turning out on this?
We need some inspiration!
(Or the Straight 8 too?)

I bought some citric acid powder to soak all of the chrome in, but haven't had the time to set it up. I'm wanting to document the process via video.

The Straight 8 is long gone...sold it about a week after finding it to a friend. :)

Latest posts

Back