86? Schwinn world sport, should I pull the trigger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my Schwinn World Sport. A gift from nephew.
0f1266f5623fb319ceed83628face091.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's most likely the Japan made Cro-moly frame, practically no different than the Paramount, the same basic specs but not made in usa. Nor center cantilever brakes and a few other things.. But the cro-moly frame is why it's so light. Basically same as the voyager too cept a few other features and the lugs ain't chromed.

But gotta ask; right, You've panted the gold on the lugs and retouched black too? Ultimately at 50 bucks it's a little more than just an entry level road bike, and was nice priced when made too.

Never did post a before, but here's an after (it's lighter than anything I've ever had before, but that's not saying much)

Yes. I painted it.
I believe the bike was made in Tiwan by what would become Giant.
Excellent steel bike. May not last as long as my old 76 conti but sure is lighter

right ok cool, I have not ever even touched or seen in person the Taiwan models, not that they're rare or anything, but glad to hear they're light.

Think though, if me runs across one and owner insists I take it, I'm liking that paint job ya did on the lugs too. [grin]

I'm not 100% on the Taiwan. It could be from Japan. It was originally silver with totally tubular pink decals. It was the 80's after all

Latest posts

Back