8th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (Video Added)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2012_bike_fest_poster.jpg

Sunday, September 30th
Riggs Park, Haysville, KS

More info at MidwestBicycleFest.com
Follow the build of one of 3 bikes we'll be raffling off here.

Re: 8th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest

I will be there with a few bikes & my favorite grandson! Actually he's my only grandson! :lol: Looking forward to it!

I thought it was Mitch wearing his desert camo! :lol: :lol:

is there a limit to the free hotdogs .. and is there gonna be a swap meet section

Ndway's right. No (open) buying or selling. Hot dogs... the limit is how ever many we have. Hopefully people take just one at a time so everyone gets at least one. Amount of food is a hard thing to plan for. We also encourage a donation if you eat. We rely on donations and raffle ticket purchases to keep the festival going. Grillmaster Mitch might have more to say on the hot dogs.

Anyone planning on attending the fest I suggest you read this http://locojoe.com/coasters/pages/bike_fest_about.html

We'll be raffling off at least 3 bikes this year for $1 per chance. Also lots of good bike related door prizes, a ticket for these are free.

Hope to see you there.

pick said:
I thought it was Mitch wearing his desert camo! :lol: :lol:

:lol: Well that was the plan, but I got some hot dogs to burn so we came up with "Frankie"

As far as the hot dogs... I will be cooking the same amount as last year (a little over 500) and last year we ended up with just a few left over, and I know people ate more than one each so we should be good to go.

If your name is Kobayashi, then we are gonna need more hot dogs! :lol:

Oh... one other thing, I know there is no open buying and selling, but if you have stuff to sell, I have seen others bring a truckload of bikes to "show" :wink: :wink: and they all had price tags :wink: :wink: and by the end of the day their truck was empty :wink: :wink: so if you have anything you want to unload... might wanna bring it to the show :wink: :wink:

On the raffle bikes, 1st one is gonna be a custom rat based off of a 60's Murray, the 2nd raffle bike is a Genesis Onyx 29'r with all the decals removed, and it will have some nice pinstriping done by Harry. The third raffle bike is yet to be named.

Sounds like a great time! Last year was a blast! I'm still trying to decide on which junkers I'm gonna bring! All of my bikes fit in that catagory. :lol: Is there a prize for the most junk???

For those of you who haven't been there before: Best dogs in the universe! 8)

We don't call him "Grillmaster" for nuthin! :mrgreen:

New this year... A pre fest cruise Saturday Night (29th) here in Haysville. More details later.

Also there will be a special drawing for a cool prize just for the RatrodBikes members.

Behind the scenes... I painted the bulk of Frank and ratfink1962 did the details.

P1040211.JPG

Re: 8th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (Cruise and Special Drawing)

The special drawing... pretty simple deal, just come to the registration table and fill out a entry slip and drop it in the bucket.

Not sure if Randy wants to reveal the prize? but its pretty cool, I wont spill the beans. All I gotta say is make sure to attend, and DONT forget to register for it!

Spectator :lol:

Didnt even get a hot dog? What the!!!

Ok now that you know all of us, make sure to bring your family and come hang out and have a great time. I guarantee there will be a hot dog cooked to your exact specifications waiting on you... in fact, if you ride by at the right time, I can fix you up "drive thru" style!

I need to get my new skid bike build since the Long Hauler has been retired. I have the rear wheel built up, everything else gets built around that. I am going with a more traditional bike this year since some people had a problem with my three wheeled set up. I had a bike here at work that would have been great if it didn't belong to the company. I was pulling skids in the 120' range here in the plant.

Also new this year is the Slow Race. We are gonna try it out and see how well it fits in with everything else we have going on.

Cameron,

You can have my skid bike... still needs the brake figured out. but is pretty much ready to roll. I just dont have the time to mess with it.

udallcustombikes said:
I need to get my new skid bike build since the Long Hauler has been retired. I have the rear wheel built up, everything else gets built around that. I am going with a more traditional bike this year since some people had a problem with my three wheeled set up. I had a bike here at work that would have been great if it didn't belong to the company. I was pulling skids in the 120' range here in the plant.

Also new this year is the Slow Race. We are gonna try it out and see how well it fits in with everything else we have going on.
There isn't going to be a modified class this year unless more than one show's up. probably a coaster brake and a caliper brake class. NO trikes and the rear wheel cant be assisted.

Latest posts

Back