90's diamondback viper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWC

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was at a friend of mines house today as it was on the way to goodwill and I had an ugly huge tv I was getting rid of and they guy next door overherd me saying I was going there to drop it off and he asked if it still worked and yes it did I just had no use for it and it was ugly to boot. I drive over to his place so me or him didn't have to carry the 200 pound idiot box over and he has a diamondback viper sitting by the trash and I ask if its getting tossed and he says yes so I ask if I can have it and sure enough he says yes so I load it up and bring it home and look at it and someone put a hoffman freecoaster wheelset on it! It's not really my thing so I think I might try and sell it or trade but who knows.
IMAG0465.jpg

I still do have the wheelset! I can take some pics of it in a little bit. its a Nankai Freecoaster in the back, an older one but still with the one piece aluminum shell and a gack front hub with hoffman high roller rims

CWC said:
I still do have the wheelset! I can take some pics of it in a little bit. its a Nankai Freecoaster in the back, an older one but still with the one piece aluminum shell and a gack front hub with hoffman high roller rims

Sweet. I'd love to see it as I just bought a Hoffman EP that should have a 14T freecoaster, but has a 16T freewheel in a suzue hub laced in a Rhyno Lite rim. Beautiful rim set, but wrong for the build. (And a 44T crank instead of the 38t I need to install a 990 brake properly.)

Also is your freecoaster a 14T? Oh and does yours work?

Yes, it sure is a 14t some spraypaint on them and the chrome is flaking off the rims but the freecoaster works great on it

Sweetness. Yes I've heard these Hoffman rims had terrible chrome. Are both flaking bad? Is the freecoaster flaking too or is that dirt/old paint that looks like flaking.

Are you interested in parting with with the wheelset, maybe just the freecoaster hub? We can take it to PM if you'd like.

Scott

Latest posts

Back