90's Specialized Hardrock value?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this Specialized last year. Had the original gum walls when I got it, still had some nubs so it wasn't ridden much. I just put new tires on it. Seat has a couple small tears. Paint is almost mint. Has the awesome Araya rims. The paint is darker than the pics show

Is it worth anything? Or are the rims worth more than the bike?

Photo0699.jpg

Photo0700.jpg

Probably better parted, HardRock was/is their entry level offering. Don't think they are especially collectible.

yep cool older bike ... specialized always gets a little more attention due to their higher end bikes. prob sell round here for 50-75 at beginning of summer.

i believe those rims are araya single walled rims...they were a common rim

I've got a 1992 Rock Hopper and it has the same paint styling. That's probably right around the year of yours.

I've seen a few listed on cl in the $100-200 range, but I think that's overpriced. The 90's mtn bikes are not nearly as "collectible" as the 80's.

M.Martian said:
I've got a 1992 Rock Hopper and it has the same paint styling. That's probably right around the year of yours.

I've seen a few listed on cl in the $100-200 range, but I think that's overpriced. The 90's mtn bikes are not nearly as "collectible" as the 80's.

how can i figure out what year mine is?

Its realy only worth what someone is willing to pay. no real collectors value. Its a SOLID frame and is more than worth building your self a tricked out ride with it. It may have/is an entry level bike, but upgrading the parts is a way to go. Here in seattle i see the on craigslist posted at 100-150ish. Again GREAT FRAME to build off of!!! :p

Latest posts

Back