97 Dyno build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Figured I would document my other project that is moving thru the shop. 1997 Dyno Roadster purchased from member Wildcat.

Current parts list
1997 Dyno frame
26 inch bent spring fork from Lovely lowrider ( they offer spring forks in raw finish! bonus :mrgreen: )
26 inch 144 fan spoke wheels
26 x 2.35 Solana white walls ( Changed to 26 x 3 Street Hawg W/W )
Lepper Primus leather saddle
Sinz crankset with 3 pc. bb conversion
Rock brothers alloy pedals

Began to move forward with the white color and then had a mishap in the shop. Paint needed redone so it changed color.

Last edited:
I think most of my parts are being shipped to me strapped to the back of a turtle. Man the waiting for parts thing is killing me. Did get a few drivetrain parts in recently.
As this bike sits so low to the ground I decided to try out 155mm cranks. I am not sure how they will work out but they at least clear the ground.

Finally got a chance to run this thru the streets as the weather finally got above freezing. I will say in all honesty that I hate this bike. I love the look and love the build BUT using the bent springers for the first time and using the 26 x 3 tires surely make this bike a miserable ride. I will keep it for bombing down to the local pub every now and again but cannot see it being ridden much. I will keep my eye out for a deal on some new hoops and build up a set of geared wheels. Maybe that would help matters a bit. :headbang:
20140307_140923_resized.jpg
20140307_132152_resized.jpg

I am 5' 10" 225 lbs. so basically a short fat guy. I prefer to run low slung bars on my stretch bikes but have ran 16" and 24" apes on them. With the apes it really starts to wear on my back after riding for a while.
I also have a layback seat post on this bike to set the seat back a couple inches.

I am almost 6 foot tall, the dynos are my best riders, old bikes were for small men!
No apes, the frame is long enough, to big of bars just stretch you out more. If you do run biggins, you will need a layback, alot of laidback!
With dyno cruiser bars cutt 4" I still need a layback post....
The geometry is so slow, I like straight forks, vertical springer types steer the best.
I have yet to find a bike I like riding with 3" tires, even inflated to 60 psi.
Try a regular springer, 180mm cranks, and a 3 speed with the chosen tires.
The bike has an awesome stance, if it's a looker leave it alone! :)

Got a chance to put the dyno out on a short ride with good friend and member Ratsphinx. He and his friends in Davenport showed us a great afternoon on the mississippi river front area. Really cool place to ride and a bunch of neat things to see. I look forward to riding down there again real soon!!
Only bad part was seeing Kerry pull up on his near mint Schwinn. I was very envious as it is a very cool bike indeed.

IMG_1407013480606.jpeg
20140419_124931_resized.jpg
20140419_122415_resized.jpg
20140419_124901_resized.jpg

There is something about bent springers on Dyno frames that just doesn't work. I have a set on a dyno-glide that feels like it wants to fold up all the time. Straight sprimgers don't seem to be a problem, so I put them on this abandoned frame for neighborhood cruising.
Street Cruiser.jpg

Latest posts

Back