A/A altered

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
103.jpg

ok some of you will remember this bike. it has been forever in the building phase. i think it is hexed honestly i am never happy with it. well i really wanted to do a motorized bike and found a 1952 clinton one cyl engine in a trash pile of all places. well it turned so i knew it was not seized. it even had spark but no compression so i yank the head and the exhaust valve was rusted open with a bunch of pine needles stuck under it. after a lot of cleanning and wd40 to loosen the valve i got it working tossed the head back on and what do you know i got a pop out of it on brake cleaner because thats all i had. cleaned out the carb which is a tillton hooked up a tank with real gas and it runs!!!! a lil smoke but hey the rings gotta set back in who knows how long it was in that pile. i will post some more soon this one is going to be a club bike some of the members are tossing help in to get it done so this one is not really mine. stay tuned!!

awsome,garbage engines are my favorite,cause if your mess it up OH WELL... :mrgreen:

, when I was a kid I had a metallic purple Clinton 10 on my go-cart, all the other kids had Briggs 5's.... my go-cart was a sleeper.. :mrgreen:

to start it has to be a hard tail so the u joint had to go. plus i did not like the awkward gap between the seat and the tire. so off it went i dropped the fork and set the engine in just to see what it would look like

128.jpg

129.jpg

130.jpg

you should make the seat stays curve with the top tube thatll look SWEET! :mrgreen:

karfer67 said:
thanks buddy it has been too long for myself.
I remember when you first built that frame during the beer build off between you and sensor. Now im glad to see it being finished! Maybe it will inspire him to finnish his too.!

AH HA ! SO this is why you wer'nt at the swap , good reason ! looks good !! 8)

looking forward to seeing this one burn some tires up :mrgreen:
glad to see youre back on it again(if you work fast and i get off my butt we can still make the deadline for the original build off :lol: )

dont think anyone is going. they want 50 per bike this year :shock: gonna shoot for cycle fest or behind the bars show whichever is first. got some work done today i cut the bb shell out (literally and note to self dont finish weld stuff until you are darn sure thats where it is gonna be)

this bike aint getting done for feb 20th so i owe u beer its all good. greg let me down easy and i agree putting a motor in this frame with this tubing and my welds is a bad idea. so it is dead but not lost i want to do this as a frame gonna have greg help me out with it. sorry to dissapoint you guys who have followed it but he is right

Latest posts

Back