a bout time

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what should I make?

• chopper bike

• mini electric

• electric chopper

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Just picked up a run-a-bout frame at long beach swap. I already have a complete run-a-bout, so this one will be custom. I am still deciding if the bike will have fun chopper stuff on it, or to make a really small electric bike... stay tuned.
20171231_115242.jpg

I am looking for a run-a-bout neck, fenders and maybe 16" rims. Feel free to send me a pm

Runabouts are cool little frames. I have flipped a few of them over the years. This is going to be fun to watch.

Keep your eye out on craiglist for Dahon folding bikes for 3 speed or even 5 speed 16" wheels

20180116_091712.jpg
I still need a runabout neck...
It seems like people want an electric chopper, so I'll go that route. I still need the thing to be compact, because that is the whole point of having such a small frame. I think I can get away with a chopper that can be folded up.

Last edited:
No progress on this bike whatsoever. The studio I work for just lost funding and had to let most of the staff go. So, that means that I will not be buying anything for the bike until I get work.
It is a shame, I had some good ideas about putting a folding wheelie bar on the back too. I guess it will go into my storage until brighter days.

Good luck.

No job - plenty of time for project but no money...
I have the opposite - I have a job but no time for project...

Latest posts

Back