a factory freak bike :)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is no one gonna step with a bike to compete against Hooch?

Mine is not in the contest, but I am building one anyways.
Here's the start of "Huggy Chainsaw's" Coochie.

coochie1.jpg

This is my "I must destroy Hooch and his bike" look.
FEEL THE FEAR! :x

coochie2.jpg

Now come on guys! Let's get building!

RACE RACE RACE

Now that there is 2...there has to be RACING! :mrgreen:

P.S. I notice in the video there is no actual peddling going on, more of a coasting/braking thing...you sure those even clear the ground? :wink:

OK, you two mutant pixie clowns drew me into this madness, but I have a question.

Is it legal to build one of these contraptions using a 16" rear wheel or did it state earlier in the thread that it needs to be 12"? Does anyone really give a hoot? It's the only wheel I have smaller than 20". Screw it, I'm building it anyway.

I can't believe that I am falling victim to peer pressure and now have a bright pink rear wheel on one of my bikes as a result. OMG!

I think the name of this build will now be peer pressure. Wait, it's a steel frame, PIER Pressure. \m/ \m/

You're all done mitten man, bring that wreck to Oakville for the
FBM-GHC Halloween Madness. The only chance you'll have is to pay Ryan to be a hired gun. :lol:

Gee, I guess if you're taller than Hooch .... we could make an exception. :D

We're not getting many entrants so maybe we could allow for a 16" back wheel/tire. If it's o.k. with Hooch then let's do it!

As far as bringing it to Oakville ......
Then "Pier Pressure Death Race" !
The from the beginning of the pier to the end and back.
Padded Wiffleball bats as choice of weapons!
If you got 'em, bring 'em! :x

Prize?

Is there a deadline?

I am out of town for work and living out of a suitcase. I won't be able to get back to this project until Saturday.

And don't rag on me cause I'm from NY (upstate NOT the City). I am sitting here writing this while wearing my FBM-GL shirt. 2 of the lakes touch NY, Erie and Ontario, so I claim to be an official FBM-GL member. :)

I hate to change things up during a contest but I think that to be fair to everyone that's interested but hasn't had the time I'll "adjust" things. Hooch I'll send you a surprise if this "adjust" thing is o.k. with you. I know it's all for the fun of it anyway but I need to keep things right for everyone! So you get a surprise whether you want it or not! :lol:

So here's the adjusted and final rules :

Rear tire/wheel must be a 12 1/2" or 16" tire. Anything in between
12 1/2" and 16" is also acceptable.

A full frame 24" or larger may be used.
Or a front portion from a 24" frame and tire/wheel combo or larger may be used with a 16" or smaller rear frame portion grafted to the larger front frame section.

At least one of your pics must have an adult rider on it!

New deadline! Bikes must be completed and posted by midnight, SEPT. 4th.

Me and Gigs will be the judges! In the advent of a tie, we'll print out pics of the bikes, throw them on the floor and whichever one our cat first lays on is the winner! Can't get any fairer than a cat!

Only a first place prize, sorry.
Here's the prize!

A FreakBike Militia Skull mug and a 2007 Ann Arbor Bike Show hat! The mug shot reflected alot. It looks alot better in person!
littlefbmskullmug.jpg

2007bikeshowhat.jpg

Also the top ten names for this style bike are posted and a poll is set up to vote on the final name. The person who came up with the winning name will also get a FreakBike Militia Skull mug! Go here to vote:

http://forum1.freakbikenation.com/viewt ... ?p=317#317

Good luck to everyone!

62Higgins said:
And don't rag on me cause I'm from NY (upstate NOT the City). I am sitting here writing this while wearing my FBM-GL shirt. 2 of the lakes touch NY, Erie and Ontario, so I claim to be an official FBM-GL member. :)

Geesh, you guys make the best picante' sauce, oh wait that's NEW YORK CITY!

Dang you got me on that Great Lakes thingy. I'll make nice. :D
So, eh, you wearing only your FBM-GL shirt while your writing to me? HOT! :wink:

Tell junior that Dirty Betsy is lurking the boards and may show up on the FBN forum. She told me that she's still waiting for that prom date!

Looking forward to seeing your entry!
Chainy

you need a chain-tensioner when you hve a rear suspension!
except for that: coooool!

A chain tensioner is not required here because that bike as a unified rear triangle. The whole rear triangle is rigid, and the single suspension pivot is forward of the transmission. (yeah I know, I'm an obnoxious mountain bike geek :| )

That's a cool ride, so simple yet so fun. When you get tired of it, flip it over and make a chopper. 8)

Hugo

Chainy,

Good news! I got an early b-day present yesterday. A new Canon A570 PowerShot.

I am off Tuesday (got nothing done this weekend, it was just madness here) and hope to get the Parton Pixie finished and pics up.

It's sad it is such a limited field of bikes so far, this is just stupid fun, right up my alley!

Xdorox,

Love the double squishy entry you put together.

So it looks like the winning name was the (Dolly)Parton Pixie!

Congratulations HM7S!

As Scott put it, "Parton Pixie - in honor of Dolly, small rear, LARGE front "

So now we have a name for these FREAKS!

Still got time to build one!

Thanks to everyone for participating in this contest!

Scott, Gigs will be getting ahold of you!

Well, my progress on this build has been minimal. I intended to get the fork and rear wheel painted black and maybe add a banana seat w/ high sissy bar, but...I am building a run in for my daughters horse this weekend.

Tomorrow I will send the test pilot out and get a pic of him, but I don't expect to get anymore work done before the deadline

Partonsideview-1.jpg

If any of you guys remember my early statements about my computer skills, you realize this is a monumental accomplishment.

Here is my official test pilot on the Parton Pixie this afternoon.

Latest posts

Back