A little rant about springer forks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

what is a springer fork to you?
Name a few styles..

when I searched for a springer forks, I gets a crap load in search result not even close to what I'm searching for...

Are there any specific names on fork style.. typing Monark fork ya get a link to "Most Disliked Site" yup, I don't like their forks due to reputation of bad welds...

I believe the newer versions of the repop monark forks are much better than the 1st edition. I have a 2nd generation repop that I love & have no issues with it. Every original Monark fork I have owned came with a bent steer tube which is a very common.

I believe the newer versions of the repop monark forks are much better than the 1st edition. I have a 2nd generation repop that I love & have no issues with it. Every original Monark fork I have owned came with a bent steer tube which is a very common.

Bent steerer tubes probably results from doing stunts "wheelies"..:grin:
or worse yet crashing into unmovable objects like buildings or trees...

I know... back in them days of early 70's.. almost every boys tried to be "Evel Knievel"..
bombing downhill at break neck speed and hit the ramp at the bottom, we'll be flying about 15 or so feet off the ground.. yup, no protective gears, no helmets.. nothing.. we're crazy..

Last edited:
I remember watching Evel Knievel jump Greyhound buses, at Kings Island in
1973 or 74.
Next day I tried to jump Grandpa's station wagon with my Huffy Cheater Slick.....
Would have made it if it would not have been for that luggage rack.:20:

I know that has nothing to do with your springer, question.:crazy:
You did bring up the subject. :p

I remember watching Evel Knievel jump Greyhound buses, at Kings Island in
1973 or 74.
Next day I tried to jump Grandpa's station wagon with my Huffy Cheater Slick.....
Would have made it if it would not have been for that luggage rack.:20:

I know that has nothing to do with your springer, question.:crazy:
You did bring up the subject. :p

Naaa... ya cool... was that station wagon a Vista Cruiser? those were big'un...

Anyway.. the reason is about bent forks mentioned above, and kinda brought back memories of stunts, BMX... I've bent a few forks.. even on my Huffy Thunder Road after pulling a wheelie off the curb.. so I figured that how some original Monark forks got bent...

Last edited:
Back