A Quick Rat For My Son...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awhile back I was looking for a small cantilever frame bike that I could rat out for my son, Tony. I eventually found this beat-up Schwinn Hurricane:

IMG_0903.jpg

It's a '79 or '80...

IMG_0902.jpg

I paid a little too much for it...As you can see the fork is bent. So on our 4th of July ride Tony was saying how he wanted a bike where he wasn't "all leaned over"...So I said, "you mean a like a cruiser...Yea", he says, "so I'm sitting up." So I said "OK. I'll build you a cruiser." And here's what I whipped up:

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

Front fork off his Royce Union MTN bike. (THANKS Markm!!) I was able to keep the v-brakes on the fork by using a center pull fulcrum/guide off another bike. Lucky 7 chain ring off Tony's last bike. Front wheel and tire off a junker girls banana seat seat bike I had. Front fender off a ladies 10 speed that a guy gave me. It had blue spray paint on it, which I stripped off with a propane torch and some steel wool. Tony INSISTED on the bronze grips. I put some red sparkle ones on, but he said he wanted bronze! And last a beat-up cruiser saddle off a freebie bike.

Tony and his rat...

IMG_1754.jpg

And video :roll: :

FUN!! :lol: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back