A quick tour of Braga - Portugal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!! I promised you I'd post a few pics of my lil ol town here :) It's nothing special though, but I sure like it. It's nice and quiet, and there's loads of places to ride our @ss out :lol: Hope you like it!

I took these first two shots on the old part of the city.

Main street :lol: Just a small alley near the "Sé" (Braga's oldest and most important church within the city limits - second shot)

SP_A0041.jpg

SP_A0039.jpg

A couple of weeks back I decided to take the 25 km road up to Sameiro (a biggish cathedral round here that lyes at the top of a 700m tall mountain) and took a few pics of the ride

On the way up... My first stop, at a small church at about 1/3 of the way up

SP_A0036.jpg

Finally there :D

SP_A0037.jpg

On the way down, I decided it would be a good idea to take a pic of the 3rd (and last) church on the way down

SP_A0038.jpg

PS: yup, there arw an aweful lot of churches around here. It's one of the places with more churches per person :roll: I guess it's a good thing though :)

PPS: More pics to come if you want to :wink: We are going to become Europe's number one city when it comes down to malls per person... :? I'll get you a few pics of the bikes on the newer part of town to show you what I mean.

I went for a spin round town this afternoon and thought it'd be a good time to take a few shots of some of the places I actually spend some time near by :D

Our (really) small cycle path hehe (bout 2 miles worth) Somehow they decided it would be a good call to build it on one of the least practical places ever... At least now there's a place to check out our youngest girls running and jumping like crazy :mrgreen:

SP_A0049.jpg

Near my old highschool. A long time ago, there was and old moped factory round here... It went bust more than 20 years, but they apparently still biuld some high quality parts for dragsters :? Good thing is that now the kids have some shade to hang out at when they skip classes :lol:

SP_A0042.jpg

A couple of shots of the back side of the biggest mall in braga so far. They are building two new ones that (each) will be round 10 times bigger than this... So much for the traditional stores on the city center.... :roll:

SP_A0043.jpg

SP_A0044.jpg

(i'll take some more shots... these don't do it any justice...)

A few shots at and around campus. It's a cool place to be. a lot of good looking girls, and for those who feel like it, a lot of parties, just a few feet away :D 8)

SP_A0045.jpg

SP_A0046.jpg

SP_A0047.jpg

SP_A0048.jpg

PS: shouldn't this post be moved to the "My neighbourhood" section? sorry bout posting in the wrong place, but I could swear it wasn't here last week :shock:

PPS: The blue bike on some of these shots is my daily rider. An old wallmart-like MTB that I'm trying to upgrade and give it a cooler look. I'll keep you posted on the mods

I found a few shots of Braga @ the skyscrapercity forum that I just loved. Here they are: (if I can't do it like this, I'll edit it :wink: )

Pio XII's Museum
800px-Museu_Pio_XII.JPG

Old railway station
800px-Antiga_esta%C3%A7%C3%A3o_comboios-Braga.jpg

"Arco da porta nova"
Arco_da_porta_nova_Braga.jpg

City hall, town square and the pelican's fountain
800px-Braga_City_Hall.jpg

450px-Braga_Fonte_do_Pelicano.jpg

Catholic University (the first private Uni in Portugal)
800px-Braga_UC.jpg

"campo novo"'s fountain
Campo_Novo_Braga.jpg

Big House (aka Casa das hortas)
Casa_Grande-Braga.jpg

"Casa rolão"
Casa_Rolao-Braga.jpg

"Solar de infias" (it's a 4 star hotel now :roll:)
800px-Casa_Vale_Flores_Braga.jpg

"Casa da roda"
692px-Casa_da_Roda_Braga.jpg

"Casa dos crivos"
800px-Casa_dos_Crivos.JPG

"Solar maciéis aranha"
800px-Casa_dos_Maci%C3%A9is_Aranhas.jpg

Braga's Archives (on an old medievil palace)
Paco_Arquipiscopal_Braga.jpg

Jardim_santa_barbara.jpg

Our Saviour's Convent (currently a Home for older folk)
Larcondeagrolongobraga.jpg

A sculpture built around the time Braga celebrated it's second millennium as a city :shock: (cool thing is it's just 20 meters away from the skate park)
Monumento_bimilen%C3%A1rio_de_Braga.jpg

"Palácio dos biscainhos"
Museu_biscainhos_Braga.jpg

Museum of Pictures and Image (never been there :oops: )
Museu_da_imagem_Braga.jpg

The spring of our pee-wee sized river (River East)
800px-Naascente_do_Rio_Este.jpg

Public Library
800px-Palacio_Arquiepiscopal_Braga.JPG

"Torre da menagem" - Part of an old castle that disappeared a long time ago
450px-Torre_de_menagem_de_Braga.jpg

"Tower of Santiango"
450px-Torre_STiago_E.jpg

Statue of King Peter V
449px-Est%C3%A1tua_D._Pedro_V_Braga.JPG

Santos da Cunha (one of the best mayors in Braga, ever)
275px-Comendador_Santos_da_Cunha-Braga.jpg

Francisco Sanches (another one of the great men that helped this town become what it now is)
Francisco_Sanches.jpg

There are hundreds of pics I'd love to post, but don't worry, I won't :) I'll post them all on my blog and give you guys the link, for your eyes content :lol:

E ai cara!? Tudo Bem!? I lived in Brasil for 2 years, that was like 10 years ago. I love the Portuguese language, I assume you speak a lingua mais bela no mundo? :) ha ha
I looks much nicer than southern Brasil (Rio Grande Do Sul). I thought this was cool to see Portugal.
adeus

E aí hechtrod? hehe Tudo em cima? :D Oh my God, I can't tell you how scared I got when I started reading your post!! I thought I had posted my entry in portuguese :lol: :mrgreen: I've live in Braga for 19 years now and I love this city to bits, but I allways loved best the way the Brasilians speak rather than the way we Portuguese do. I don't know why, but it just sounds a whole lot sweeter to me :p (ohhhh and the brasilian honeys... what a sight for sore eyes :lol: not really better looking, but definitely a lot friendlier than the ones here! I tried to take some shots (decent ones don't worry) but the girls I was trying to get a shot of all gave me the stink eye :roll: :cry: I allways have that effect on women :lol: ) Don't worry hewey, I'll get one of my mates taking a few shots and I'll post em later hehe :lol:

Thanks so much for the comments you guys :) If you ever want to come here on holiday, I'll give you the "grand tour" and buy you a beer :D (or six :lol: )

PS: Gold Street Customs, I've got the shot of the skate park on the camera! I'll post it with the other shots in a couple of days :) :)

ArtGeco said:
revo87 said:
At least now there's a place to check out our youngest girls running and jumping like crazy :mrgreen:

I love this quote, can I use it in my signature?

Sure ArtGeco, be my guest :D I'm glad you liked it!

I finnally had some time to upload those shots from the skate park (and a few others) to photobucket, so here they are

SP_A0054.jpg

SP_A0055.jpg

And a couple of other shots that I had forgotten to add the last time:

The train station
SP_A0057.jpg

My 700c cruiser at a public garden in downtown Braga
SP_A0058.jpg

xddorox said:
Thanks for sharing dude. I love the way you take your pictures with the bike. You my friend are an artist. :D

I'm glad you liked it xddorox :) :oops: I'm a noob when it comes to photography, but i sure love to take some shots :D :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back