A simple singlespeed racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm making the finishing touches on my simple bike.for daily use
I started with an old steel mtb frame and shaved everthing of i didnt need.
Upgraded the wheels from 26 inch 21 speed to 28 inch racewheels with a coaster brake hub in the rear.
Installed a old chrome racefork i had laying around.
Replaced the bracket with a betrer one and a chrome crankset
The frame in primer
ryseqa4u.jpg

Front wheel
8edusehu.jpg

The rear wheel
aqu6u2ep.jpg

Cranks, pedals, chain, stem, bars and fork
emejenap.jpg

And here is it put together with the frame in flat black.
3ypydyjy.jpg

Yes it still needs a seat post and a saddle but thats on its way as i'm typing this..;)
6ynyqasu.jpg

Still have to put the pedals on..
jyby5e4a.jpg

The seat post will be chrome and the saddle and tape on the bars will be blue too:)
So that's ot for now, i'll post more pics when i'm done!:rolleyes:

Frank
Customize!

Kool color combo.. I've always love the black and blue color combo myself.. I've quit a few single speeds cruiser but sold them all. Keep up the good work.!!

Thanx! I was actually thinking of painting the framelugs white with a blue pinstripe to seperate the black from the white but i changed it to all black because i think its cleaner this way:)
But i think that im gonna put some white accents on the framelugs, bit i want to keep it as clean as possible..
Like this
9y7eberu.jpg

Too bad i am already waiting a month and a half for my saddle thats being shipped from hongkong( atleast they told me they shipped it):mad:
Its this one but in bleu:)
udyhytas.jpg

Frank
Customize!

My single speed recently fell and my forks got bent n the front rim also bent.
Ur bike looks good it's inspiring it makes me want to build myself another bike. It's simple but looks good.

Latest posts

Back