BO15 A single wheel trailer called: "Taildragger" - Update: Wings?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you find some scrap sheetmetal, riveted pieces like an old plane would look good. Maybe add some rivets to the fender too.
1592782456396.png

The lead sled frame is brilliant!!!

When I saw the canteen, I thought Helmet.

1592793684436.png

I am curious about whether you can reuse the sled wood as a deck surface for your trailer. Probably not enough material for the whole thing...
What he said :thumbsup:
Double ditto to Matti! Or some kind of reclaimed wood.
That is a good idea! I will certainly check this out, but I am afraid there is not enough wood.

Or something skinned in canvas. Like a WWI plane
I like this idea too! Maybe use some army camo canvas. The colour green will remain in the rear fender so I'll have to work with that.

If you find some scrap sheetmetal, riveted pieces like an old plane would look good. Maybe add some rivets to the fender too.
View attachment 126360
Sweet!!!

Enough cool ideas!

No updates unfortunately
Currently I am scanning for a metal bracket or square tube to mount the sled frame onto. But the busy weeks and hot days does not help working on the project.

The lead sled frame is brilliant!!!

When I saw the canteen, I thought Helmet.

View attachment 126375
I can see why! :bigsmile:
The reason I thought this canteen looked good, is because it has the same protrusions (the long round ones) like the fender, so it matches a bit.

A bit of a sidetrack, but I want the viewing crowd to be happy :happy:
Some things I have been working on a bit:

My mountainbike/klunker bike had a broken spoke nipple. I found out why... the wheel has not been laced properly, so the nipple was resting against the rim in a sideways position...

So I took the wheel to a repair shop (just learing to lace, but haven't found the time yet). And tried my "wide steel 26" wheelset".

It has a Shimano CB-E110 hub and 26x1.95 "Maxxis" tires which I think are too thin for this bike:
cIc0SPh.jpg

UEPlIK1.jpg

Last edited:
w679KUk.jpg

nbS35nZ.jpg

tpBDb2r.jpg

This is the bike with the wide steel wheels. Fatter tires needed! :thumbsup:
Weird, something went wrong in the previous post, so I had to post the bike pictures here...

Last edited:
Those wide steel wheels are hot! Yes, fatter tires for sure. How big can you go, space wise in that frame. Bike has a rugged look to it, go knobbies!
Thanks OJ sir! The rims alone are 55 milimeters wide!
26x3.0 Will probably fit, the narrowest spot in the bridge is 75/80mm. So I am going to look for 26x2.4 to 26x2.8. But I do not want to spend 60 bucks on one tire, so it will take some internet time to find these mountainbike tires ;)

Dunno what it's like around you, El Barto, around here we have all kinds of barns from the late 1800s and 1900s just falling apart. That kind of barn board would be excellent for the decking too. Or some other reclaimed wood or something you find behind a garage. Weathered is the look

Latest posts

Back