A Stingray, Buzz Bike, and a Mattel Stallion walk into a bar...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey fellas, I just posted a quick intro but will most likely be hanging out here for the most part. I've owned the 1970 stingray for about 10 years. The Buzz Bike was my father in-law's that he bought new in the late 60's that was given to me a couple of years ago. Finally, a stroll through an antique store last weekend landed me the Mattel Stallion. I'd never seen another so I pounced and am glad I did. It needs some cleaning and a bit of work but a neat bike regardless.
FB_IMG_1468793993679.jpg
IMAG0988_1_1.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I seen the buzz bike and lost my manners. Welcome ! That is one cool ride!
The Buzz Bike is bad to the bone. It's the only one I'd never sell as it was given to me and has been in the family since new. I've had a chance to sell the Stingray for a good price but luckily I came to my senses. Still unsure if I'll keep the Mattel, love it but we'll see. Meanwhile, here's another shot of the Buzz...
FB_IMG_1476272370376.jpg

LOVE that Buzz Bike! That is an AMF built bike, sold through Western Auto. They bought from Huffy, Murray, and AMF for thier bikes.

The seat and sissy bar are so cool on that one! Very nice bike and awesome story too.

Welcome to the forum! This is the best place for bike discussion, tons of knowledge among the members here.

I just bought the Mattel Stallion Monday and the top picture was taken before I even loaded it into the car at the antique store. I spent some time on it Monday evening and more tonight using aluminum foil and water, fine steel wool, and a bit of polish and it's coming around. I'm honestly shocked as to how much shine is still there. Still a long ways to go but it gives me something to do I suppose. The last pic was taken before I came in for the night...
IMAG0968_1.jpg
IMAG1006_1.jpg

Nice bikes! I love blue Sting-Rays! Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Stallion is a cool bike. You need a V-rroom motor for it. I like the way the Stallion forks change the degree of rake when you raise or lower the rear seat mounts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MATTEL-V-RR...288704?hash=item4656e0e000:g:3wIAAOSw8w1X~t2e
I'm trying to remember back a little more than 50 years. I can remember a varoom motor the had a pull handle on the body that when pulled made an engine noise. It didn't need batteries so it always worked. Then I remember another type that had some kind of switch you mounted to the handlebars to activate the sound. It needed batteries so most of the time they didn't work because the battery was dead and I guess dad was tired of buying batteries!

I'm trying to remember back a little more than 50 years. I can remember a varoom motor the had a pull handle on the body that when pulled made an engine noise. It didn't need batteries so it always worked. Then I remember another type that had some kind of switch you mounted to the handlebars to activate the sound. It needed batteries so most of the time they didn't work because the battery was dead and I guess dad was tired of buying batteries!

Yeah they had the pull handle one also.http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-196...669443?hash=item1a1bddc903:g:ZbsAAOSw4shX2ZeK

The electric ones work by having a small plastic wheel mounted off center on the motor and it hits a plastic drum when it spins.

I agree to an extent but the stingray started it all for me. I love the colors and it's in great shape, I love them all.View attachment 35799

Welcome to the group, we have a great and knowlegeable bunch of guys here!
You're first is always the one you love most . . . I mean bike of course :)

Latest posts

Back