a taste of whats to come.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
built to suit ordinance, not the best but learning along the way.

644379_4844083223204_774103473_n.jpg

1075877_10200231454252290_30300278_n.jpg

Hey man.. nice looking bike!

That front fork offset isn't going to work. It's potentially extremely unstable. You have a lot of positive trail which works fine for low speeds, but it will be a disaster at higher speeds. I would stay with that double crown fork. If you still want a shock you can put a regular springer fork (non-lowrider) to bring the front wheel closer to the line of the headtube.

I guess it's time to join motorbikes and build my own!
Cool looking salt flat looking lowrider, bet that is stable at speed!

Hey man.. nice looking bike!

That front fork offset isn't going to work. It's potentially extremely unstable. You have a lot of positive trail which works fine for low speeds, but it will be a disaster at higher speeds. I would stay with that double crown fork. If you still want a shock you can put a regular springer fork (non-lowrider) to bring the front wheel closer to the line of the headtube.

I have noticed and understand now about head angles and rake. But in actually at least for this particular build it holds fine. The bike doesn't allow sharp turns, at speeds of 25 to top speed it holds up ok.

Latest posts

Back