AARP or AMAC

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
So who's a member? Is it worth it? I mean for the free donut at Dunkin it's worth it right? haha

My mother in law refuses to join. She feels it's an admission she's old. Well I got news for her, she is. I think she should join. She's always out and about, and I bet the discounts would add up.

I turn 50 in a few months, and then I can join. I'm seriously thinking about it. It's only $16 a year.

Without getting in to politics, AARP is more liberal and AMAC is more conservative.

I think both have some worthy content in their publications. I read my grandmothers AARP magazine when it comes in, but I haven't joined either yet.

Rg

I had no idea there was anything political about AARP. Figures there is. I was not aware of AMAC.

Now to be straight, I had NO intention of starting a political type thread. I am just coming at it from the "hey I'm getting older, I'm thrifty, and if I can get a deal on things, I will" standpoint.

The AARP website says they are non-partisan.

ok, so who's a member of either organization, and what type of benefits do you get?

Ha Ha...I think it's a safe bet to assume everything is political these days. :21:

I think Obamacare support drew the line in the sand with these different groups.

Now as far as free donuts go... :dance2:

Like others, I'm not trying to make any waves, but I'd never even heard of AMAC until Obamacare and the AARP position convinced a lot of ppl that AARP leans too far left. Seems like they've got plenty of traction these days; maybe they always had, but as a guy in my 30s, I'm out of the loop?

Ya dude. In September. I can't believe it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 57 and went through all the research to find out what they are all selling and what they are into. They support things that aren't in line with senior citizens needs. In fact, a few things were against the very people they were there for. So, the politics kept me from joining. Do your own research and ask questions, via email. Anything they won't answer straight up should make you wonder.

I'll be honest and say I was looking at it just from a discount perspective. What money can I save with membership. Like my AAA card. It saves me (us) a lot of money. But you all are making me think I need to look at it deeper. Nothing is ever simple.

I turned 50 in May and am glad no solicitations showed up. It means I am off the grid!! Woot!!

No Ian, nothing is easy anymore.

Now get back to your anniversary weekend and leave us alone!

Skip when I turn 50 we can take turns sitting on each other's lawns and yelling at kids. Then go get our free donuts.

Skip when I turn 50 we can take turns sitting on each other's lawns and yelling at kids. Then go get our free donuts.

It's a plan!

Drivin n Cryin fans yell AARP from the back of the room!!
No ,Ian I am not a member of either,AARP mails me starter cards
each month and I've never been contacted by AMAC.
What did Goucho Marx say about membership ?
And if you remember that you get bonus points in your age bracket !
I,too,am an oldie at 57,dealin with in...Stevil

Latest posts

Back