BO15 Acetone.... Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The contrast of the wide black rims with the big cream tires looks great!

Wheel/tire combo looks perfect on that bike. 8-speed with roller brakes should be awesome.

Yeah be careful. Seen a few posts of folks going over the bars with the flipped springers. Does look cool tho.

Yeah I ride my bikes hard and fast so need them to be safe and reliable.. so far the mock up of the fork dropouts flipped looks good :thumbsup:
The contrast of the wide black rims with the big cream tires looks great!

Thanks King I’m liking it also.. not sure what colors it will all be in the end. But I like the cream on the black now.
@GuitarlCarl Yep your are right looks so much better bike sits level now. A couple bolts are rusted to the plates so just a mock up now.. time for some PB BLASTER soaking.

FEDE76EB-675E-4A7F-8072-A1E44CA023BF.jpeg
Stock fork postion
7C0FF0A4-54FC-4B9E-B848-CC201C7D80E8.jpeg

Flipped fork position ^^^^
EEDB0225-7381-4008-8347-B9359407958A.jpeg
81AB8C20-1423-4646-A020-BA7D3524AEFC.jpeg

9DCAC05D-5157-44ED-9F3C-F88C9EE66655.jpeg

Sorry for all the poor light basement photos. I set the bike to the other side of the shop to get some work done on other bikes. Can’t stop looking at it and keep playing around with ideas
Fender and “CAD” tank plate mock up.

I like the stance with the flipped rockers. That just screams Skipton geometry right there!
I also like the tank panel idea. What material are you thinking of using there?

View attachment 125502
Sorry for all the poor light basement photos. I set the bike to the other side of the shop to get some work done on other bikes. Can’t stop looking at it and keep playing around with ideas
Fender and “CAD” tank plate mock up.

My only question is how far back will the seat be? :grin:

I like the stance with the flipped rockers. That just screams Skipton geometry right there!
I also like the tank panel idea. What material are you thinking of using there?
I really like how the geometry is looking with the rockers flipped for sure. Looks fast just sitting. Yeah the tank panel looks good. Just need to find a flat piece of steel.

My only question is how far back will the seat be? :grin:
Figuring that out now.. maybe further back then the fender :happy:

Wheel/tire combo looks perfect on that bike. 8-speed with roller brakes should be awesome.

Yeah be careful. Seen a few posts of folks going over the bars with the flipped springers. Does look cool tho.
You have to do it right so the drops aren't facing up.
They need to be swapped left for right when they get flipped.
Note on Skip's pic they are done correctly.

GC.

Last edited:
Very cool! Always wanted to build a true ballooner with wide, modern wheels. Someday!
Thanks! I do love the modern wheels. I do put the miles in my bikes.. really makes for a nice ride.

LOOKING SWEET!! STAY SAFE. GTB!! PEACE

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Time for this build to come out of Page 3 quarantine. What coolness have you been up to with this?

Time for this build to come out of Page 3 quarantine. What coolness have you been up to with this?
Just been listening to what the bike wants for a couple weeks. Moved to a new apartment just last week.Been busy but now ready to work. Still have my bike work space.. now just two months to get cranking on this.. I have lots of things I want to accomplish on this build so look for lots of build updates soon. Thanks for checking in :thumbsup:

Great day yesterday! Took a ride out to the burbs to say hi to @Verrt and pick up a sweet Bread Loaf seat for my build.. Thanks Leon!! Good to see you! I had a blast on the long ride on a 90 degree day!
7B0DBD12-95D3-4B85-9F1A-8BD974D3AF63.jpeg
F9DD2881-801D-4FC8-B9F7-DEC116F671A7.jpeg

800EECE0-3B34-4D32-8C67-82579C73F13A.jpeg

Oh right where I like my seat.:happy:

Latest posts

Back