AGENT ORANGE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1d865b8924d010e362a852788743494d.jpg

Ho Ho big daddy got ya covered don't ya know !
Recently got this frame back from my powder coat buddy . It's called disco tangerine I'm sure it similar to what you have [emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1d865b8924d010e362a852788743494d.jpg

Ho Ho big daddy got ya covered don't ya know !
Recently got this frame back from my powder coat buddy . It's called disco tangerine I'm sure it similar to what you have [emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very cool!! It's close to what I'm doing but my flakes are much bigger. I remember when powder coat first came out you were pretty much stuck with either black white or gray it's amazing what they can do now.

I did pick up a bunch of this beautiful stuff!! Roth Metal Flake, Tropi Cali Orange big flakes.

This is going to look sweeeet!!

This is going to look awesome!
I was thinking about a similar colour flake for when I do my Datsun re-spray...

Luke.

One of my biggest setbacks is that I don't have a welder anymore. Every time I needed to weld something I had to pack up and drive across town to my buddies house and use his welder. Well, I broke down and bought me a new welder on Friday!! I had to order it and it should be here in a week. Soooo, look out I'm about to make some crazy stuff. :rockout:

Been playing around with the new welder, it works great. One issue I have with this build is the chain rubs the frame.

So I figured out how much to notch out.

Went to the scrap pile and came up with this piece from a 1929 Ford Model A cowl section. This was when metal was real metal and not that cheap chinese junk. Anyway, cut off a chunk and made a filler piece.

At this point I forgot to take pictures. It could have to do with the fact that I just took off the top of my knuckle with my grinder. Note to self, don't just grab any pair of leather gloves while grinding. These were an old pair of Navy issue gloves I had laying around and trust me, they are made of top quality chinese leather. It took less than a half second to go thru the glove and remove part of my knuckle. Ouch! :20:

So, after I was done crying, I welded up the frame and mostly grinded it smooth. No need to make it look perfect since once the fender is mounted you'll never see it again.

I got lazy after grinding it down and haven't put the bike back together to see if I made enough room for the chain. I'm sure I did but I'll know tonight.

Plus, I got a little work done on the '32 this weekend. Laying out the cab and the engine so I can start building the frame. I'm trying to get as much done on my bikes and the truck as possible over the next couple weeks since I'll be going in for back surgery on May 2nd. That will put me out of action for a couple months. That also means I won't be joining in the next Build off. Kinda sucks, I had a great idea too. Oh well, next year.

Sucks about the surgery, wishing for a speedy recovery for you.

Truck will be cool when it's done, as will the bikes in the bed I'm sure.

Sucks about the surgery, wishing for a speedy recovery for you.

Truck will be cool when it's done, as will the bikes in the bed I'm sure.
Thanks. Agent Orange won't be able to fit in the 4 foot bed since the bike is 10 feet. But a couple of my other bikes could fit. As for the truck, if mine turns out even 1/10th of my friend Tim's truck, I'll be happy.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing what you build with a welder!
This is cool! What motor is that? Looks a bit like an Aussie 'Red' Holden motor, but guessing it's not! Maybe the Holden mother company- General Motors/Chev?

Luke.

Looking forward to seeing what you build with a welder!

This is cool! What motor is that? Looks a bit like an Aussie 'Red' Holden motor, but guessing it's not! Maybe the Holden mother company- General Motors/Chev?

Luke.
Yup, it's a Chevy 250 inline 6. It should be pretty nice once finished. It'll have an aluminum intake with dual carbs and six separate exhaust pipes coming out the side. Tearing it down tonight so I can get it ready for paint.

Latest posts

Back