AIR RAID!!!( Chain Guard pics!!! July 18th!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well im in finally. i missed RRBBO3, and i decided i wasnt gonna miss this one!!! im really looking forward to this as this will be my very first, FULLY DOCUMENTED BUILD on RRB.com!!! im super stoked. i have no intentions of winning this competition, i just really wanna see my bike in such a great event with all these other amazing builders!!! i dont even plan on placing high in the voting, as long as i get one vote besides my own!!! and if i happen to get more votes than jon that would be cool too!!! lol jk jon. MAY THE BEST BIKE WIN!!!

Chaulk another RRBBO4 entry up for the SPOKESMEN!!!

so heres what im workin with:

60s WF frame and fork
peaked fenders
star chainring
flipped MTB bars
26x1.75 WW's

when conjuring up this bike in my head, i thought, i wanna do a bike thats a military style build. although the military builds are cool, theyre all green!!! not this bike!! im paintin it up to look like its got sheet metal on it. kinda like and old style fighter plane. then for the fenders, the front will have the red white and blue military stars and stripes and the rear will have the sheet metal look with some sort of bullethole effects on it. (havent decided if i wanna do rear bulletholes or the decals!)

hope you all enjoy following my build thread and i look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!!!

Easy E

Re: AIR RAID

well since my boss is a raging d bag, he decided he would send me home for the day at 9am. i had only been there an hour! oh well, more time for my bike!!! ill post more progress pics tomorrow since i got a whole bunch done on it today while being home from work.

xmodpictures236.jpg

xmodpictures237.jpg

xmodpictures238.jpg

Easy E

Ok, ok i'll post something...blah blah blah! remind you of something..lol.
your idea i thinks going to be very cool, keep at it and good luck.. :wink:
hey the last pic you have is that a refrigerator magnet? or forks off the batcycle?

lol my bad about the last pic, forgot to rotate it! when i went in to work today my boss was like hey elvis whats up bud?! like nothin had happened. stupid jerk. id really like to be out paintin the fork but its raining, sideways..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNmvn1F4qkQ

Easy E

N8NBOX said:
looks like its going to be a fun build...so whats the inspiration for the name?

inspiration for the name, not really sure. figured i was going with a military fighter jet theme kinda so i just decided on it and it stuck.

Easy E

Great Frame! They are nice and heavy! Cant wait to see it built!

this is what im wanting to put that siren on DD!!! how fitting! its gotta have some sort of a siren on it thats for sure!

Easy E

Yeah...an AIR RAID siren...now all ya need now Elvis is a couple 'o 20mm anti-aircraft guns to mount on that bad boy.'Bout time you jumped your blue suede shoes in,son.What was ya wait'in fer a gun to go off?
BANG!...there it went! :shock: All kidd'in aside,Big E,glad to see ya aboard...this just gets more interesting by the minute...Pappy 8) P.S.-You goin on the club ride 2morrow evening?

elvis51 said:
rear will have the sheet metal look with some sort of bullethole effects on it. (havent decided if i wanna do rear bulletholes or the decals!)

hope you all enjoy following my build thread and i look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!!!

Easy E

Real.

cman said:
elvis51 said:
rear will have the sheet metal look with some sort of bullethole effects on it. (havent decided if i wanna do rear bulletholes or the decals!)

Easy E

Real.

arent they usually "rear" bullit holes"? just sayin!

elvis51 said:
this is what im wanting to put that siren on DD!!! how fitting! its gotta have some sort of a siren on it thats for sure!

Easy E
It's gone but some here will probably step up

Jon,shut the *%@# up and go to bed...fricken smart aleck! I just got the refridgerator magnet joke and am laughing so hard I peed my britches!!! Now you come up with the REAR bullet hole remark?!? If you keep this up I'll run out of clean pants!!!(LOL :lol: ) Elvis...real is always better (usually)...Pappy 8)

cman said:
elvis51 said:

Easy E

Real.

Oh yeah! Can I help? :D

lol thats kinda what i was thinkin too. looks like ill be goin with some real BULLET HOLES( jon :roll: :lol: )ill most likely have the help of my uncles AR-15. (fingers crossed, hopefully) but heres my dillemma with that. to have the real bullet holes, ill need to shoot the bullet from the underside of the fender outward so that if the metal flares up then it wont hit the tire. so i guess ill just spend the time paintin the rear fender up to match the rest of the bike then shoot the crap outta it!!!

or i was thinkin of somehow attaching bullets standing straight up all the way down the rear fender? kinda like spikes, but with bullets....

also, if anybody does have one of those persons sirens that they would be willing to part with, that would be pretty freakin rad of you guys!!!

Easy E

DumperDiver had a siren. I would shoot the bullets from the outside. You cant nip off the inside to protect the tires. Also start with a smaller caliber or test the ar-15 elsewhere first.

Test the AR15 on pappy's bike "he wont mind" :lol: and quit telling everyone what your doing dork!!! put it in pic's and maybe the shooting in video...
its no fun if you give it away to early..... :?

i say shot gun cause you will get a bunch of small holes.

Latest posts

Back