Airless tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattiThundrrr

Rattus All Terrainus
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have you seen what Bridgestone is unveiling for the 2020 Olympics? The tech isn't all that new, but using it as advertisement suggests that models for the public might actually be in the pipeline.
Bridgestone-Airless-Tires-For-Bicycles-Featured-image-672x372.jpg
BBYUTQa.jpeg

I'm concerned about rotational force on the "webbing" under acceleration and especially braking. Looks like you would need to run rim brakes. Otherwise, squeeze the lever, the hub stops spinning, and a few seconds/minutes later the rubber stops.

I'm concerned about rotational force on the "webbing" under acceleration and especially braking. Looks like you would need to run rim brakes. Otherwise, squeeze the lever, the hub stops spinning, and a few seconds/minutes later the rubber stops.

That bike on the photo actually looks like it uses roller brakes.

I know, roller front, ubrake rear. And I'm concerned. Remind me not to ride one this summer when I'm not at the Olympics

Well actually from the photos you can see that it has roller brakes on both wheels. That thing that looks like a U-brake is a dutch style lock.

Latest posts

Back