BO15 Airman

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My build probably won't interest most since it is not a "Rat" or Custom, but will be a pretty much stock rehab of a 1950 Spiegel Airman Monark Rocket I found about 10 years ago, and started the teardown and resto then. But, I quickly lost interest after having the frame/fork powder coated and the color turned out way off what I wanted. The horrible purplish frame hung on the shop wall until 2 days ago when I pulled it down, sanded and repainted it the correct color I wanted. Here is the start.

Attachments

• 20200201_175350.jpg
    20200201_175350.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 20200226_204811 (2).jpg
    20200226_204811 (2).jpg
    229 KB · Views: 191
  • 20200507_112108.jpg
    20200507_112108.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 20200507_112054.jpg
    20200507_112054.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 161
You in the wrong spot if you think we aren't going to be interested in a frame like that! We live a lot of two wheel stuff that might surprise you, for example, vintage red scooters hanging on the wall in some guy's shop. What is that thing?

Edit: also curious about monkeys riding rockets, what's up with that?!

You in the wrong spot if you think we aren't going to be interested in a frame like that! We live a lot of two wheel stuff that might surprise you, for example, vintage red scooters hanging on the wall in some guy's shop. What is that thing?

Edit: also curious about monkeys riding rockets, what's up with that?!

Matti, the little red scooter is an early 60's pedal toy called a Super Sonda. They are cool, but too small for me to ride so I just hung it in the shop for eye candy. The Rocket is a kids playground riding toy called a "Saddle Mates" they were made by Gametimes in Litchfield, Mich. They also made Horses, Ducks, Donkeys, motorcycles etc. The monkey is just the pilot.

Just a pointer. When you upload you picture, if you click "Full Image" instead of "Thumbnail", it'll show up big, like this:
20200508_111746.jpg

Then it'll be easier for people to view. Also easier to place the image in the text for step by step format.

*Edit: see, with the big version of the pic, I was able to see the killer flying eyeball and pinstripe mannequin!WHAAAAAAAAT! Your stuff is Killin me!

Another point: we don't have many rules here, but one is carved in stone:
"Thou shalt not discuss what constitutes a Rat Bike"
We're pretty serious about it, nobody benefits from it
Wait, was that in response to what I said, or what 10-18 Kustoms said? I wasn't trying to get technical about what makes a rat bike a rat bike, I was just saying his bike was cool.

Wait, was that in response to what I said, or what 10-18 Kustoms said? I wasn't trying to get technical about what makes a rat bike a rat bike, I was just saying his bike was cool.
Sort of spinning off of you, but mainly this one:
My build probably won't interest most since it is not a "Rat" or Custom
Just trying to assure him that his bike will fit in our clubhouse. We're on the same page, rat on!

I've known 1018 for a while now he always builds some killer bikes. I'm sure this one is gonna turn out just as awesome. I'll just have to figure out how to steal it from him when I see it in person.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

There are always ALL types of bikes in the Build Off. This one is sweet!

PICTURE POSTING TIP: Select the FULL IMAGE button when you upload your pics so that we see them full size without having to click on the thumbnails to embiggen them.

Are they 2 different reds on the frame/fork and the mudguards? Looks like it... very cool :)
Love all the stuff in your shed man, I've never seen an oil drum chair before

Are they 2 different reds on the frame/fork and the mudguards? Looks like it... very cool :)
Love all the stuff in your shed man, I've never seen an oil drum chair before
Yes, 2 tone red. Building it around an OG paint Airman tank I've had for a while. Darker is Maroon red, and lighter is a Cherry red. Guess I should post a pic of the tank that inspired this build. Ha!
20181210_163303.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back