Al DeAngelo (changed from bare minimum)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based off what everyone has said, I will just go ahead and build the seat post however I want. It will require some time for design. I am low on free time right now because I'm a senior and graduation is coming very soon. I have quite a bit of math to catch up on. (let's just say that senioritis got the best of me :) )

As for the tires, I will start looking for a white wall (whether it is 26" x 2.125 or 1.75, I'm not sure. It will fit my current fender better if it is a 2.125. Who knows.
The company that has the slick I'm looking at hasn't emailed me back yet to resolve my checkout problem. I'm thinking I will get their number and try to call them sometime.
Thanks for the great comments everybody! They are really helpful in building this. I hope to have more updated soon :)
Craig

Congrats on gradumacating.
I think what you have planned is okay within the rules.

Currently, all my shop time is study time. Wish me luck on my final exams!!! :)

Well, I tried emailing that jostens company about the tire a second time a week ago and still haven't heard back. I'm guessing it is just a crappy company. I really need the tires if I want to advance in this build :/
I only have a couple more school things to worry about so I should be back out in the shop soon. Sorry for the boring build :(

It's been a while, now that I'm done with school and graduation, I hope to get some work DONE hehe more to come soon (hopefully)

cman said:
Better price on those slicks from Jerald direct. http://www.jeraldsulky.com/ProductDetai ... ctCode=26J

call them, he made us some whitewalls a year ago. He may still have some.

Well, I have an open schedule now, but I need this wheelset before I really start to work on this thing. I sent two emails to this company in regards to a problem in my purchase of the tire. That was about a month ago... I just decided to call them and the number is no longer in business :( this sucks... I need one of these tires if I want to get things put together. The tires would let me determine what fenders I can use, and the rims in order to see if they work for this fatty. I need to get the frame out to my uncles to get the seat post welded up. I want to draw some more plans for that tonight. I really hope to have some progress to show you all, but my wheels are not turning so well in my head.

Sorry if you were subscribed or looking forward to this build, but i am resigning from the buildoff due to lack of time in the summer. If I wanted to build this the way I want It to be built, I will need much more time than I have.

With the time that I DO have, I decided to build this instead. something that will actually get some good, fun use.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=58509

Sorry,
Craig

Bump for moderators to move to Build section.

Latest posts

Back