Alenax With Broken Cable

Nov 22, 2011
KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Alenax bike found me as I was working on my trailer. My neighbor was on the way to Goodwill and stopped to see I was interested in a couple of 10 speeds or the Alenax. He offered it up for free. I’ll look it over and see what it takes to replace the cable. I told him I’d return the favor someway.
I’ve seen this type pedal system on a couple of bikes before but never had one. Seems like a solid skinny tire workout bike. It’s been garaged.
Anyone with knowledge of these critters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chad T
Jul 30, 2013
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've never worked on a treadle bike, but the basic concept isn't difficult. It ought to be a fairly easy prospect to fabri-cobble a rugged repair.

Reactions: MazdaFlyer
Nov 22, 2011
KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some Everbilt Paracord. I tried several ways to anchor the cord. I finally used a couple of “Knots” after the mechanical clamps kept coming loose. I was able to pedal it with the knotted cord. I guess there really isn’t much force applied to the cord connection but the gearing even in 1st is a workout, we live on a slight hill, a short workout indeed.
Definitely a different ride experience.
I’ll try some SS cable next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: RustySprockets
Nov 22, 2011
KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phase II: with a couple of quick links, the paracord and a couple of clamps this thing works a little better. It’s still a bear to get going off the line. It won’t win any drag races. Once you get going though it is easy pedaling.
Adjusted the brakes as well...Swap Meet bound.