ALiEN FiRE REWiND

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There has been some recent interest in an old build of mine that has been lying in a pile of parts at my second house. I've stolen so much off of it that it'd be easier to build another one than to resurrect this one but it holds a place in my heart too. So here it is, a flipped ladies Roadmaster frame in purple...
indoor boneyard.jpg

It's leaning against the bench, no wheels, bars or seat. The plasma headlight is in my toolbox here. I'll need to rig a new battery box up. At least it's stored at my indoor boneyard. Next to it is Headbanger and Sgt. Rock and those white tires are on The Difference Engine, all bikes from past build offs that are in various states of dis-assembly. Yeah I won't be starting it quite yet but there it is.

Carl.

Last edited:
"recent interest" here, strapping in for the ride
orange.jpg

Can't post my usual AlienFire picture for you though. Would you believe that I just deleted that picture of your bike from my phone this week?

It may be a major realignment. The original bottom bracket added when it was flipped broke a weld and is the main reason it got parked. It's an issue with this style of build, cracked the bracket in the same place on Zombies Dream as well. ( @MattiThundrrr go look that build up. lol ) When you remove the bottom tube as most bikes have it and support the bracket with only the seat post tube, you're asking the weld to do a lot. Especially if you stand up on the pedals and start cranking. I kept the bottom tube on the last version of ZD but it's ugly so whatever I need to do for AFR will have to be eloquent as well as functional because it has a unique spindle-y look that I don't want to ruin.

The handlebars are now on Muscle Spasm, so that's a problem. Half the curb appeal to ALiEN FiRE was the underslung bars. I've got some chrome triple trees left from Get 2 Da Choppa (I took it apart as soon as it was finished, some bikes just aren't meant to be) and if I use them, I expect them to lift the front a bit too so there may be a stance adjustment as well.

We'll see what it takes. I'll be heading over to the other garage today to dig it out (bringing a few back from my current garage to clear some space) I'll get some pics.

C.

What did you get the idea to use the stem from below?

What did you get the idea to use the stem from below?
It just looked right to me, a continuation of the flipped bike theme. I did a little bit of drawing in paint.net before I built it for the 2014 MBBO and it seemed like a cool idea. I hadn't seen it before. Although I doubt I'm the first to ever build one like it...
Mach3 pb.jpg

Only early drawing I could find is locked away in an old pb account...
C.

Unique very cool muscle bike. Wondered about the origins. Can't get a stem to work in most cases because steering tubes taper etc. I read how you used a spade bit? Clever usage.

Yours was the first i saw, flipped, drop stem with apes up... , but have seen a couple of them configured similar out west since.

Cant wait to see where you go with it this round. [emoji41]

Unique very cool muscle bike. Wondered about the origins. Can't get a stem to work in most cases because steering tubes taper etc. I read how you used a spade bit? Clever usage.
Destroyed a drill doing that but I didn't have anything else to hone it with on hand. I get one tracked like that sometimes... I sanded the stem down a bit on a previous use and a bit more then too.
Yours was the first i saw, flipped, drop stem with apes up... , but have seen a couple of them configured similar out west since.
Cant wait to see where you go with it this round. [emoji41]
Thanks man I did wonder for a while, so I went looking. And I found the one on a post somewhere else a year before I built mine.
Where I'm going depends on what's on hand and what fits the mood. I've had those bars (or versions of them) on a bunch of different builds. They do have an ALiEN feel to them, I've got a possible mod in mind...

C.

Last edited:
Destroyed a drill doing that but I didn't have anything else to hone it with on hand. I get one tracked like that sometimes... I sanded the stem down a bit on a previous use and a bit more then too.

Thanks man I did wonder for a while, so I went looking. And I found the one on a post somewhere else a year before I built mine.
Where I'm going depends on what's on hand and what fits the mood. I've had those bars (or versions of them) on a bunch of different builds. They do have an ALiEN feel to them, I've got a possible mod in mind...

C.
I have a version of those bars I've wanted to cut up and repurpose a half dozen times, but havent yet

I have a version of those bars I've wanted to cut up and repurpose a half dozen times, but havent yet
I wish I had an original set. Like the ones on my Sears Spyder 500 when I was a kid. I built mine from two set of apes I cut up. Then later I stretched them... Oh and that skinny back tire had to go. I've mounted a 26x2.125 on a two speed kickback. It's much better. pics tomorrow.

C.

IMG_20201019_120936967_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201019_120943220_HDR.jpg

I hate to cut the triple trees down but there's too many angles as a chopper. Looks right to me level. I need to drop the bottom bracket down a bit. I'm probably replacing this one. I've an idea to try and use the new BB's chain stays as a traction bar look, it'll be stronger too. It's a WIP.

C.

Nice to see Alien Fire getting a revamp! I really dig the bars...also looks like the stem could even go out in front and they’d still land in about the same spot.

Nice to see Alien Fire getting a revamp! I really dig the bars...also looks like the stem could even go out in front and they’d still land in about the same spot.
Yeah I checked that and it will clear but the triple trees are forward from the center. Also I do like how the bars main tubes are practically straight up vertical. That's an ALiEN look to me...

C.

I'm looking at graphics for ALiEN FiRE. I'll probably be putting something on the sprocket in a neon green...
IMG_20201028_192912571.jpg

I still haven't cut the forks down. I hate to take that much off a decent set but then I think... Well it is ALiEN FIRE and it's a favorite of mine too even though I've robbed it blind and have to revamp it just to get it back on the road.

C.

Latest posts

Back