"All in" newbie -Minneapolis

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have to confess- I have not liked riding bikes for a long time. When I was a kid I had an amazing purple bike with a banana seat and streamers on the grips ....

Maybe that is what peaked my interest. My beau bought a bike for around 25.00 and I have set about cleaning it. Once I took the seat cover off, I saw how the last person botched the job by just taping over the foam and never cleaning or removing rust.
If I am taking the time to work on something- I am going to do it right (Hence the title "all in"). I have beautiful grease stained hands to prove it!

This bike was "revised" before we picked it up. So I am having trouble locating any identifying numbers.
The seat base reminds me of a stingray- but it says "Made in Italy", so not sure if that reveals any details. Also at one time it was a lovely vibrant blue paint color- but was spray painted over with dull olive.

The handlebars and bar for the seat mount were sprayed a dirty gold.

Does it work to use flicker links for photos? I read the post on uploading pics- but hate opening another account for a similar function.

I tried to post photos from Flickr, but it's going to take someone smarter than me. Pics are essential here, as I'm sure you will learn.

Flickr works fine, just open the pic you want and click the little bent arrow in the bottom right hand corner, that will give you some options, pick 'BB Code' and size 'medium' and just copy and paste the link.

Luke.

If files reside on your computer click the box below which says "upload a file" then select the picture on your device and select "open" button. Afterfile uploads to this site, now position the cursor in your text you are posting where you want the pic to be and select "full image" and pic will be added to your post. :)

Thanks for the replies. I am excited to have help identifying the origin/ source of parts. As well as receiving suggestions on moving forward. I will get some photos up before the day is over.

Welcome @Avinlea ! I'm in Maplewood, just east of DT St Paul. This is a great group, let me know if I can help you get integrated in any way! Lee

Lee-
Thank you so much! I may send a message about some other prospective projects. I am finding this project to be really interesting and fun. It is possible I might want to do one for myself too!
Welcome @Avinlea ! I'm in Maplewood, just east of DT St Paul. This is a great group, let me know if I can help you get integrated in any way! Lee

I'm in isanti. Nice to see another minnesotan around here. Nice to know I'm not alone here!:113:

They'll sort yeah out. Heck my bike I had no idea WHAT it was got indentified by a member here who had one which looked identical too it.:eek:

People here know their stuff. I am a newbie too but I am learning as I go. Granted my project is probably as difficult as a restoration. If you need parts these are the lot to go to. Especially with what your bike sounds like it is.

I'll look for your post in the I.D section you got my curiosity up!
OH YES you can upload directly to the forum here. If you hit the upload file button you can upload pictures and insert the thumbnails and they will be kept on this place's server. Very handy if you're going to be doing a build thread. Do not want flickr or photobucket removing your photos.:forum:

So welcome, let us newbies have fun and hopefully not infuriate the elders in the process!:113:

Well hello neighbor! :wink1:
I have definitely caught the bike bug. I am eager to get the first one going. Since I picked up the AMF spirit bike that has all original parts and I am forcing myself to hold off on any of it- until the first bike is well in its way!

image.jpeg

Latest posts

Back