AlumiNaughty: 1935 Wards Hawthorne Duralium, Finished!

Aug 23, 2012
Kansas City
You could also do the LED flashlight conversion to this headlight....
That's cool, but this light is held together by a screw in the back, can't do any cutting back there. One of the reasons I like this light so much is that it takes a small bulb and the glass is separate, makes it a much easier task. I typically use a head lamp since the components are small and compact anyway.

Reactions: OddJob
Nov 22, 2011
KS
That's cool, but this light is held together by a screw in the back, can't do any cutting back there. One of the reasons I like this light so much is that it takes a small bulb and the glass is separate, makes it a much easier task. I typically use a head lamp since the components are small and compact anyway.
Just get an LED bulb for it if it’s not a sealed beam. Try SuperBrightLED.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RustyGold
Aug 23, 2012
Kansas City
Thank you for the kind words, I feel extremely fortunate to be able build this the way I've always wanted to.

Here's some progress I made with the front light. I left the package in to show which headlamp I started out with, the insides are perfect to do this with.
20190621_191855.jpg

Have you considered a fender mounted light?
I did, but I want to keep with more of the motorcycle theme/look, so I'm building a bracket on the front. The top of the light will still be below the top of the fork, to keep it streamline.
20190621_191909.jpg

Feb 20, 2018
Germany, Leverkusen
Why not use motorcycle headlight brackets? They are also such a simple design you can make them yourself and will hold the headlight steady in place.
I would also position the headlght lower as an extension of the tank - since you have cafe racer clip-ons should go well together.

Aug 23, 2012
Kansas City
I had though about that too, but this isn't a motorcycle headlight (just looks like, I think it was a car spotlight) so it doesn't have holes on the sides to mount it. I might end up making holes just to use that kind of brackets.

Reactions: toro1978