AlumiNaughty: 1935 Wards Hawthorne Duralium, Finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little progress, got a chain on so I got to ride it a little, being 6'3" makes it an interesting ride for sure.

I did some work on getting the fenders to fit with the 26" wheels, and inserted a star nut so the front fender can be mounted
20190512_142826.jpg

Ok, I'm second guessing the fenders, talk me in to keeping them lol

I love the fenders. Those type of fenders are nigh on impossible to find over here so I'm very jealous.

As @toro1978 suggests by asking "Will you be removing the paint?", they'd look great bare metal.

I vote bare metal fenders... unless you want to ship them over to me... then I vote no fenders. :)

Glen.

Yes, removing the paint, brushed metal. And fitted better
In that case keep them! :thumbsup:
I love the fenders. Those type of fenders are nigh on impossible to find over here so I'm very jealous.
I vote bare metal fenders... unless you want to ship them over to me... then I vote no fenders. :)

Glen.
:41:

I typically prefer fenders, but in this case my first impression is that it works better without them. The bare metal and better fit would definitely be an improvement. But, I think it's the fork and more specifically the low clip on bars that are moving it away from fenders in my opinion.

That fender headlight is very cool, but honestly I wouldn't use it on this bike. Way too vintage for that frok and clip-ons I think.
To elaborate I think the many straight lines and the crank (with those holes) give it an industrial look while the headlight is pretty much Art-Deco.
But you said you want a different headlight anyway so...

Playing with ideas, most likely going with a large motorcycle type light
View attachment 95526

That fender headlight is very cool, but honestly I wouldn't use it on this bike. Way too vintage for that frok and clip-ons I think.
To elaborate I think the many straight lines and the crank (with those holes) give it an industrial look while the headlight is pretty much Art-Deco.
But you said you want a different headlight anyway so...

Maybe something like @Skipton ?

1158a5f131ce1a8731a158b70d323dcb.jpg

Latest posts

Back