AlumiNaughty: 1935 Wards Hawthorne Duralium, Finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the new bracket on
20190627_215840.jpg

20190627_220012.jpg

Love those forks and bars on that frame!!!
The new light brackets are perfect!!!

I'm not completely sold on the light mounts. [emoji137]
They look good for sure, but I would try to turn them pointing upwards [emoji658] and push them all the way down [emoji652] to the lower fork bridge...
Might be worth a try, even if it's just to prove me wrong... [emoji6]

But this is me criticizing on a very high level [emoji41]

Gesendet von meinem K00Y mit Tapatalk

I'm not completely sold on the light mounts. [emoji137]
They look good for sure, but I would try to turn them pointing upwards [emoji658] and push them all the way down [emoji652] to the lower fork bridge...
Might be worth a try, even if it's just to prove me wrong... [emoji6]

But this is me criticizing on a very high level [emoji41]

Gesendet von meinem K00Y mit Tapatalk

I was thinking about this too, I'll try it out and see how it looks

Dig the lower light ! Is there a switch on the handlebar for both lights then, I assume?

Also some great photos on the front stoop. And yeah, we taller dudes tend to dwarf our bikes a bit.:wink1:

Thanks! There's a switch on the bottom of the headlight for that, and there's a switch on the front of the box for the bottom light.

That does look cool and with the handlebars essentially part of the fork, the cables ‘turn’ with the fork, so little movement.

One question, I always thought that brake cable housings required some ‘compression’ (that’s why they are a spiraled wire vs shifter cables that are simply tubular.

Will these solid lines impact braking efficiency? Asking for a friend.....[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back