Am I the first Irishman?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm Niall I'm Irish and live in Holland therefore I need a bicycle.I saw the electra site and liked the straight 8 straight away.I waited a year to see if I still liked it and I did so I bought one.I use it every day to take my son to school,all the kids love it.One of them asked me if it could go on water too_Of course I said yes.
Then I discovered the whole world of custom bicycles which would have had something to do with inspiring the design of the straight 8 and all of the electra models.Never thought I would be into any of this kind of stuff but,with my background as a sheet metal worker on aircraft and a propensity for making wierd things that nobody sees the point of except the odd kindrid spirit here and there,now I'm not surprised,if the shoe fits...

Welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome,here are some photos of my straight 8 bought,against the advice of my good wife,with a tax rebate.I promised I'd use it and I have so big pat on the back for me.There's a couple of photos of a homemade what I call a "mudguard" but y'all call a "fender" in there along with a circular front panier/bag which is also home-made,and of course the seat at the back for Liam & Annabelle.
I was just thinking I should call this bike Paddy after my best friend back in Ireland because,like him,it's built to last,has an affinity with 8-ball(an unbelievable pool player) and has carried me safely home from the pub on occassion..... http://www.flickr.com/photos/23246966@N04/
And here is a link to the site for the kids seats which are very good http://www.bobike.nl/Choose_language.htm

Hello and welcome! I though I would post some pic's for you

2224447710_e8f7075f8d.jpg

2258303535_80e7a44801.jpg

cool design! nice job!

2223620751_734a13e879.jpg

I bet you can't wait to build a little Rat for the boy soon :wink:

FW

Yeah thanks for that I was wondering how to do that.
So do you wanna buy a scooter?
2220749427_97d6f1ac40.jpg

It actually works too!

Latest posts

Back