AMC VI ladies bike info needed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ladies vintage AMC ladies bike I recently acquired. It has the fake gas tank with working light. It is blue with AMC VI written in white letters on the chain guard. It is in very condition, very little rust, the paint is still bright and shiny. Any information would be appreciated.

S.K.

Here is the photo of the bike I have. Any info would be great.

bike001.jpg

murray sold to lots of other companies to re-bagde them (the pointy stays are a dead give away), real nice like that they go for $75 to $150 or more here in central CA.

I'd try and get it for $100 or less if it was me.... :roll:

Definitely a Murray built bike, but as noted they were selling them to everyone else with different name badges on them.

The rear dropouts of the frame are one Murray unique item. The "cheese grater" front sprocket is another hint.

You may find stamps of "M O MFG" on the rims: Murray, Ohio, Manufacturing.

Depending on the era there could be "CWC" or big Murray "M" decals on the frame.

The tank and rack designs are also very similar to those shared with Sears and JC Higgins 1960's Flightliner/Spaceliner type bikes, all Murray built.

Nice bike, I would put new tires and tubes on it and have a great riding bike to keep or sell.

--Rob

Latest posts

Back