American Graffiti

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my build of a 1964 Schwinn Typhoon with kinda a so cal feel. It has a bendix single speed. Ive still gotta get some better cranks and chainring for it as well as pedals. Im not sure what I want to do with them yet. Its gonna have white walls as well as a white chain. Im gonna put white Schwinn grips on it as well. The bars are WALD. Ive been getting parts for this build for 5 years. Most of the time was waiting on a fork that would work and be safe. I FINALLY got this one and I couldnt be happier. Finally a strong Monarch style fork.

Im going to have this painted or powder coated with a 50's Chevy Turquoise color with white accents. I am super happy to have it as a roller finally. Everything is just sitting together, nothing is bolted up.

Typhoon8_zpsa2ab20b8.jpg

Typhoon7_zpsbdaf96ef.jpg

Typhoon3_zpsb49780aa.jpg

Typhoon1_zpse4e787e4.jpg

Typhoon6_zps2368118e.jpg

Typhoon2_zpsc40e6081.jpg

Typhoon5_zps331f9cee.jpg

Typhoon4_zpsd825c972.jpg

Chris

I like those forks. That engine on the bench... I don't think that will fit though.:rofl:

I like those forks. That engine on the bench... I don't think that will fit though.:rofl:

haha Thanks. Its my brothers out of his Kz1300 motorcycle. It was hydrolocked (he bought it that way) and has a bent connecting rod. Hes rebuilding it.

I am not sure weather to run the apes (I like them) or sun some more traditional style Schwinn handlebars. I like the apes but people have suggested lower ones.

Chris

Post at the wrong time and it gets buried before a half dozen people even see it. :crazy:
Don't care for apes myself, the rest is instant classic.:thumbsup:

cool build. I have a typhoon and love it. its chunky though. as for the apes, I had some on mine. they weren't the ones I like, but I still liked it. I just wanted to change things up and went more for a klunker style. I think they might look cool with a different stem, like a road bike style, that will push them out over the springer fork.

Yeah they are s-7 rims. Ive always loved that color and hope it turns out well on this build.

Chris

Gonna be a nice bike! The S-7 rims limit your tire choices, but there are a couple fair whitewall tires out there. Look at 26X2X1 3/4 sizes for S-7 rims. They are a little larger and fill the fenders out better than the std. 26X1 3/4" tires. I love apes, but not for eveything. My hands and fingers fall asleep if I ride too long with apes.

Latest posts

Back