AMERICAN PICKERS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw that you guys were talking about the show, sorry I'm a little behind the curve!

I live in Iowa and know Mike a little bit through my scooter club. That dude loves and knows his bikes. Last time I was at his place he had a few sets of wooden rims laying around and two 20's era bikes, one with the original block chain, and that was just the tip of the iceberg. As for the situations on the show, remember it is just a show. That is really how he makes his living, but the show is not a historical record. A lot gets cut and they re-shoot conversations and push the story in the direction the producers want. I actually can't wait to ask about the controversy over the veteran next time I see him, I have a feeling we didn't see the whole story.

Anyway, just my 2cents.

I love this show!!!

Pawn Stars I think I like a little bit better, just more for the entertainment value for me. But don't get me wrong - the two are both excellent shows!

I pretty much like any shows that involve people showing and talking about old junk or shows about cops chasing bad guys. :lol:

Now if they could just figure out a way to combine the two....

I don't have cable, but I did see Pawn Stars once at a hotel. It felt really staged to me. I'm pretty sure ALL reality shows are staged more than we think, but I felt like that show was especially obvious. The problem is once you start staging a reality show and having the characters act it out according to a script, you run into the original hurdle of television which is you need people that have acting ability. The show producers either have to decide at the beginning to have actors pretend to be on a reality show or actually show real people doing their everyday thing. You can't just pick random people and ask them to act surprised when someone brings in a thing they've already seen and been researching.

I can't believe how much brain power I just wasted talking about reality shows! I'm going to go work on a bike now. :D

Comes on again in an hour...10pm central time.

The guy at the end has some seriously sweet bikes in his basement. :shock:

About the White Castle episode...

Yeah its funny how they made it appear that they were just driving around in the country and stumbled across the White Castle restaurant. That HAD to be setup in advance.

In fact that place is called the Green's Heritage museum in Orient, OH.

I noticed they did pass up a lot of bikes, wonder if the guy didnt want to sell those?

Hmmm... only 15 hours away for me :wink: :wink: :wink:

Latest posts

Back