AMERICAN PICKERS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is turning out to be a good episode, but there is something about those two guys i don't like... especially the skinny one.

Rat Rod said:
"5 Acres of Junk"
Premiere Date: 03/15/2010
Leaving Iowa in the dead of winter, Mike and Frank head south to New Orleans. There they stumble upon a quirky antique dealer with a sprawling collection. But after digging through his treasure-filled outbuilding, they begin to wonder if he's ready to make a deal. The guys meet a unique relic hunter whose collection includes dinosaur fossils, and then visit his quirky neighbor--a compulsive collector who's rarely in the mood to sell. But when Mike spots a pair of rare visible gas pumps, the Picking game is on. With over 2,000 motorbikes and piles of twisted metal, Vic's automotive graveyard is a picker's paradise. And, Danielle finds a local buyer who might make the day a total success.
2000 Motorcycles..What I would do to walk through there...OK take something home from there..LOL

It was cool that they rescued some stuff from the last two guys. I noticed they both mentioned being 'in trouble w/the city/county', which is always the death of these places. Or else the owner dies, and they end up bulldozing everything. Lots of rat rod car material at vic's! :shock: -Adam

bighit said:
oh no a rerun! i hope the season is not over already :?

I read somewhere that they were only signed up for 10 episodes, hopefully they'll re-new it.
Regardless of all the criticism, it's still fun to watch.

Looks like next Monday is a new episode...I guess they need to space them out a bit. :D

Bigfoot in Alabama
Premiere Date: 03/29/2010
While picking their way through the South, the guys meet up with John, a Mississippi motorcycle collector who has plenty of cool stuff, but his prices are through the roof. Then Mike spots a rare 1969 Kawasaki muscle bike, but can he wrestle it out of the mud? While in Alabama, Mike and Frank visit a prolific car hobbyist whose yard looks like a vintage parking lot. After driving down Poorhouse Road, they scour the bizarre collection at the Alabama Museum of Wonder where everything--including a gigantic head from a Piggly Wiggly mascot--is for sale. And finally, the guys catch a lucky break at a Birmingham vintage scooter shop.

Here's a fun little side story...

I was checking out the Antique Archeology website and saw that they have some really cool looking shirts with their logo on it. Decided to send them an email and ask if they'd be interested in trading for a few of the new RRB shirts. The next day I'm sitting at work and I get a phone call from Danielle telling me that Mike & Frank would like to do a trade. She was very nice and had a great spirit about her. Very impressed that she would take the time out to call and talk through the details. Looks like I'll be sending three of the new shirts up to Iowa soon. :mrgreen:

Steve,

NIce trade. One of two things is now going to happen. 1)We are gonna have some competition(probably not) or 2) They are gonna post up some fresh finds and we can drool.

cool Steve. I had an old boy from that area come down and look at my bikes today and he said he has met Mike before and that Mike had a bike shop a few years back that burnt down and as it was burning he went against the fireman's wishes and pulled out his collection of vintage bikes and saved them

i love the show but its already hurting us like i knew it would. my friend stumbled on a rough ratty higgins bike with a tank, rear rack, and no springer at a garage sale yesterday. he said it had miss matched parts and alot of stripped rounded bolts. and the fork was frozen. he asked the lady how much and she said $400 :shock:. he said it had a "as seen on American Pickers" sign on it and she gave him a whole schpeal about how they sold theirs for 400 or so. i had a feeling the everyday joe that has a crusty old bike would catch this show then go out and flick the wasps nest off of that old bike that has sat behind the shed for ten years and slap a rediculous price tag on it. one they probly woulda just gave away if somebody asked about it. im poor and this is gonna suck. :lol:

Free sweet daddy picker T-shirt bump. :mrgreen:

aashirt.jpg

am i losing it or was AP an hour long before ??? same with Pawn stars, did they break them down into 2 30 minute shows or did i forget how to watch TV ???

looks that way but my DVR is breaking them up in 30 minute shows and the "intro" to the shows is at the beginning of all of them ? and it seem like the shows just end all the sudden now, no real wrap up like the guys making it back to the shop, maybe because of the longer trips and being in a hurry to make em ???

Latest posts

Back