AMF Canti Roadmaster New home Denver

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got this one from Ratina in trade for some fork repairs. Its a cool style for a canti frame sill has the CWC shape of seat stays. Just going to do a simple 3spd cruiser no fenders but will have the chain guard. Put a new steerer tube on the fork and painted it black and ivory will use thes colors I think.
Anybody know what head badge (has screw holes) went on this model? or have one for sale? What year ?
Thanks
Gary
imag0639x.jpg

imag0641x.jpg

imag0640g.jpg

imag0634.jpg

imag0646u.jpg

imag0645c.jpg

Re: AMF Canti Roadmaster / Westpoint ?

Cool I found the bag that had the head badge in! Thanks Ben

That's real nice!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Decided to strip down the seat to rebuild it.....Thats just tooo many parts for a seat. Also took the kickstand apart to paint and refurbish. Everything got an acid bath and scrub to remove rust and the plating.
Had to make a tool to take apart the kickstand just a section of steel tube to insert between the washer and body of the stand so I could die grind off the pinched parts of the shaft that holds it together. It will get a cotter key later.

imag0659z.jpg

imag0655g.jpg

imag0661qe.jpg

Kickstand tool
imag0658bu.jpg

imag0656kf.jpg

imag0657l.jpg

imag0660x.jpg

Re: AMF Canti Roadmaster Seat Done

Got the seat rebuilt. I normally don't like this style but the cover on this one was in such good shape I think I like it now.

imag0666.jpg

copper rivits mace a world of difference over rusted steel ones.

imag0668b.jpg

imag0669hi.jpg

That's a nice job! Looks really good!

Nice work, beautiful frame.
That Girvin fork makes me green, and purple with envy!

Re: AMF Canti Roadmaster Small things Done

Got a few small things done Ben got the house paint off of the headbadge the graphics were mostly gone. ordered an amf roadmaster sticker in the correct color online.
didnt have a stem wedge or bolt the right length for the stem I was using Skipton came up with a bolt for me but in quill style so I made a wedge out of a scrap of galvanized pipe and tigged it to the quill
round wedge. Sanded and sand blasted the frame in the driveway Sat. what a mess to clean up! Checked out a local powder coater today on the way to work and got a price to PC the frame and fork.
modifyed some chinese lock on grips to work with the 3 spd grip shifter.

imag0683b.jpg

imag0690d.jpg

imag0691hb.jpg

Re: AMF Canti Roadmaster Powder Coat

Got this today from the powdercoaters had to drive the Jeep to get there durring their hours. $85 not bad a little glossy for satin black but then I didn't even look at color charts! Not sure if I'm going with cream on head tube or just leave it black with SS truss rods front and back.
imag0709m.jpg

Got my front wheel painted and some tires from Chimichanga and truss rod bracket from slowriders so i put a few parts on to try out the color combo.
a dual tone with truss rods the cream color and maybe a matching rear truss rod like my last roadmaster.

imag0781t.jpg

imag0782.jpg

imag0783.jpg

Fabbed up the truss rods out of 3/8" steel tube with a 5/16" -18 rod welded in the end and a 3/8 ss washer at the bottom end.

imag0787x.jpg

Better than pink with hearts ?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Re: AMF Canti Roadmaster Dang it!

I had it powder coated before i had the tires I was going to use :oops: No room and im not messing with the frame now. And I like how those Chimichanga bricks look on it.

imag0805t.jpg

Re: AMF Canti Roadmaster Dang it!

It's a 3 speed, it now has skinnier tires and I've seen your bike......City class for me?

Latest posts

Back