AMF 'Renegade 5'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crash ,
Take your time your spraying to heavy also wear a respirator in that small both . If you don't take your time it will end up with issues . And your going to have to fix them eating up your timetable .

Fixed the scratches. Painted the fade which was coming out ok until the can spittled a couple drops on the green part of the fade. Is there any way I can wipe those drops off without ruining the green paint? I'm spraying clear next.

The answer was rubbing alcohol, very lightly. Still thinned out the green just a touch, but that's better than big blue splotches.

I'm on a break waiting for the paint to dry a bit on the other frame so I can apply decals. On the Renegade the paint is done, decals are applied, and it's all going on the booth for clear coat in about an hour. I'm going to be up late tonight so I can get some cure time on both bikes so I can build them both on the morning of the first.

you need to hurry up with this awesome bike man

Not too fast. I need to give the paint time to cure so I don't mess it up too bad when I build it. I'm planning on getting up early tomorrow and starting. I should have pictures by mid-day for the best sun, and have them posted NLT then 4pm my time, which is Midnight GMT (UTC)

I literally finished building 20 minutes before the deadline. Paint was still a little soft which caused issues, but I had to build.

So, the seat tube decal I made out of parts of others, and put that AMF emblem in the field of white. The chain guard decals were standard Renegade decals, but I cut the '5' out and added another AMF emblem. I had seen something similar on an AMF, so wanted that on there.

There's still a couple small issues I need to take care on, but I'll get them sorted out. I'm going to let the bike sit for a week or two to give the paint time to cure.

7nj6.jpg

sgz2.jpg

ge4k.jpg

0ebo.jpg

Awesome work Crash!
That looks like it would be perfect for Christmas morning 1969.

Super job! The bike turned out fantastic!

Love the attention to detail, all the hardware looks new or re-chromed, I like that kind of detail on a redone bike.

Nice effort!

Thanks Rob. I wish the paint looked better. It looks like it was my first time attempting to paint, and I tried a fade, and I did it in my garage... which is all true. lol But I'm still proud of my effort. I did it myself, and it still looks pretty good.

This is SWEET! Has that awesome 70's vibe to it, nice work CRASH!!! :113:

I LOVE THIS BIKE !!!!!

Latest posts

Back