AMF Spirit of '76/Evel Knievel Tribute

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BUMP! Been busy but there's been progress, too. Here are peeks at the art going on the bike. I was given a choice by the artist to either go with recreating the original art, or go with artist choice. Decided to go with artistic freedom. So excited that I did! He's doing a Rat Fink/Von Dutch twist! All you see here is all I've seen so far! Now named "Spirit of Evel."

BUMP! Been busy but there's been progress, too. Here are peeks at the art going on the bike. I was given a choice by the artist to either go with recreating the original art, or go with artist choice. Decided to go with artistic freedom. So excited that I did! He's doing a Rat Fink/Von Dutch twist! All you see here is all I've seen so far! Now named "Spirit of Evel."

Looking good!! I stripped mine down, cleaned and polished it up.

I'm really stoked that you like my interpretation of the theme! And thanks to all for the kudos...I'm having a blast with this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you kidding me?!?!?!? I'm so stoked I'm getting on everyone's nerves with it! I've even set up a special assembly place at home. At home. Upstairs. In a spare bedroom where I've moved everything out of my way. :D

Got original matching Schwinn S-7 wheels in great condition and a new brick front tire. Finally was able to mount one of the Goodyear Grasshopper slicks I've been sitting on and waiting for the perfect bike. :)

Since it's been long enough, it's time to update! But first! We went to a bicycle show/swap meet in Eden, NC. One, to look at bikes and two, to pick up the now dubbed "Spirit of Evel" after it being pinstriped and lettered by Brett4Christ!

Here's some pics of amazing bikes....

BUT..this is what I came for...and it was PERFECT!!! The Spirit of Evel!

So I gathered all the parts - including a tall sissy bar, new handlebars, NOS Schwinn crank bearings, bow pedals and a red, white and blue striped chain - and got to work.

Several days of aggravation and excitement with one episode of pissed all to heck - Spirit of Evel is essentially done! Since this pic was taken, I have added red sparkle grips. A friend is fabricating a custom wheelie bar and I'm actively looking for a speedometer. I'm so happy with it. this is my first COMPLETE build and will not be my last!

My Mead , Columbia, and highwheeler are in the last pic of the first picture post. Brett, wish I'd known you were there as well. Future note to all: If you are at a NC bicycle show, and you see a guy with a large ring in the center of his nose, it's likely me. Or a raggedy old truck with "Dangerous Neighborhood" in black and yellow on the sides. I'd love to meet more people from the site.

Latest posts

Back