Ammo Boxes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are pretty cool for a military build but HEAVY. Make sure to attach them well. Here is my build from the 3rd Build Off

CIMG0977.jpg

cman said:
They are pretty cool for a military build but HEAVY. Make sure to attach them well. Here is my build from the 3rd Build Off

CIMG0977.jpg
man you nailed the look im going for, any plans for stenciling letters on there i was gonna put white stars on the boxes with small stenciled numbers

i just picked these up yesterday for a mini bike build.
5n0qo9.jpg

28krqme.jpg

It's the first time i've seen them in this size.

there only 3.5" wide and a lot lighter than the regular size pictured on deorman's bicycle.(imo) the perfect size for a bicycle ammo box.

One good thing about them being built to govmnt specs is that the lid seals are very good. I used to store paint in them during my tour in VN without it drying out. The Army likes lots of signs, and I painted lots of them.

jerrykr said:
One good thing about them being built to govmnt specs is that the lid seals are very good. I used to store paint in them during my tour in VN without it drying out. The Army likes lots of signs, and I painted lots of them.

Thanks for your service, Jerry.

how are you guys attaching yours what do you suggest i use to mount these im using 4mm boxes the small ones and i want to mount them on the rear stays
x7xnk.jpg

Here's mine, I used the brackets from an old child carrier and bolted it through the bottom with the original bolts. Other mods include headlight, taillight, generator, and Sargent First Class Decorative pins behind the seat.
P8300001.jpg

P8300002.jpg

P8300003.jpg

P8300004.jpg

P8300005.jpg

P8300006.jpg

got them mounted with 1/4 bolts on the frame i really like the look its bringing that old bobber look i want out. itll look better once its painted
10shlw0.jpg

10n9xfq.jpg

2eq73nb.jpg

2dm8oj9.jpg

Highridah, What are you thinking as far as a color scheme goes? Flat green like an army bike? Is so it'd be cool to throw a fake M-16 in the frame diagonally to kinda fill the void there. Looks great and can't wait to see it painted.

outskirtscustoms said:
Highridah, What are you thinking as far as a color scheme goes? Flat green like an army bike? Is so it'd be cool to throw a fake M-16 in the frame diagonally to kinda fill the void there. Looks great and can't wait to see it painted.
i have a tan green in mind since most of my cousins in the military fought in desert wars. nah no guns cops here are idiots when it comes to distinguising between toys and weapons

I hear that, cops here are idiots too, I had spent 44 cal bullets for valve caps before I found my spikes and actually had a cop checking them out at the post office when I mailed a package out......More looking at the bike than harassing me but he did ask the question...........Are those bullets? I said no that's my tire self destruct mechanism in case of bike theft, I throw a rock and pray I hit the primer....... :lol:

This is my "paratrooper" bike. It's really a 71 Free Spirit with a new paint job.

web.jpg

The plan is to change the ammo can to hang on the chain side of the rack. I've also got a 2 kid trailer frame which is being painted black and will have an Army medical box mounted on it (32"x20"x12" with an air valve to release pressure).

Similar to one of these but with a standard lid instead of that double height one.
boxmedus.jpg

Latest posts

Back