an american made huffy. . .BMX?! whaaaaaa

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
256269_399340220115816_1988448027_o.jpg

everything says made in the good ole USA and everything is original. went to my neighbors house and saw it hanging, asked is he had any other old bikes laying around or just frames "not really, theres that bike" and pointed to that one "its going to a good home so take it" :mrgreen:

anyone know how to place a year on this, i know it is not that old. . maybe nostalgic enough from my childhood

CCR said:
this pic is '88

IMG_6615.jpg
oh man, this just got alot cooler :mrgreen: my first bike (the first one i could call mine) was similar to this one, just blue. i remeber that you couldnt pedal to fast or else the chain would pop off, it had tires on it more expensive than the whole bike, and was covered in sponsor stickers from companies who didnt sponsor me.

I think that's mid to late 80s

I just sold the twin to that a few weeks ago, although mine was a lil rustier. only got 20 bucks for mine, but yours is nicer.

Good save.

snydur said:
anyone know how to place a year on this, i know it is not that old. . maybe nostalgic enough from my childhood

A lot of the Wald stems and some of the front hubs had date codes stamped on them. Pull the stem and check... :)

^ And they thought I was nuts for thinking such a athing. He's right! Pull the stem! Now, this bike has the American Flag badge, which came right after the Huffy "Crest" style badge in the late 70s-mid 80s. This bike was built between 1987-1997/98. After this came the current logo.

Yeah the last two of the numbers above the insert line.

(Example) On my 94 Murray Monterey F278 then these two 94 is the year, I didn't know but I figured out a few years ago by looking at the number on the stem then seeing 94 as the last numbers on the decal Murray's have as use for Sears info pr part lookup so I said it must be the year then seeing other Murray Monterey with the same decal on the chainguard.

okay, so ive decided to rebuild the bike today so i wrote down allll the numbers and hopefully that will pinpoint the year
-serial number on bottom bracket 33303-9287216HC
-the shimano coaster CBE110
-Wald front A25292
-wald stem B132

also if it helpd there is a PERSONS seat and union pedals. ill post more pictures once i have it all cleaned up :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back